I smiled and gave her a nod, and she walked back to the kitchen. Once I got all wrapped up, I decided that I would find Cory and ask him about any open positions.

I saw him behind the counter writing some stuff down on a notepad.

"Hey Cory" I greeted him with a flashy smile.

He quickly looked up from his notepad and instantly smiled when he saw me.

"Uh Hey Blake, sorry I was just finishing up some inventory here. Whatcha need?" He said adjusting his glasses.

"Oh no it's okay I can just ask you when you have time" I said beginning to turn away.

"I do have time" He interrupted.

"Well then, I was told you were the hiring manager and I'm kind of in need of a job."

"I can help with that" He responded folding his arms and leaning up against the counter.

"Really?" I beamed.

"Yeah under one condition" 

I was a little nervous to respond as I didn't have a clue what this condition could be.

"Talk" I said squinting my eyes.

"Meet me at the library after school".

Oh no. Can a girl just get a job without being hit on? Men are so disgusting seriously.

"Cory...I'm not looking to...date" I awkwardly replied.

A shocked look instantly came over his face and he held his hands up in surrender.

"Oh Nah, I just want some company while I study".

Awkwarrddd.

"Oh...yea..sure...sorry I feel like an idiot" I slapped myself on the forehead. I still felt like he was trying to hit on me a bit but I'll leave it alone for now.

"Meet me there at 5:00 and you can start working tomorrow after class" He said throwing a uniform over the counter.

Well, that was easy.

I smiled and waved goodbye before walking out of the cafe and making my way to my dorm.

While I was walking through the courtyard I spotted Adrian on the other side throwing a football to one of his friends. I did not want to see him right now so I turned the other way and tried to hide my face a little. How fucking ironic. Usually when I saw Adrian I couldn't keep my eyes off of him but now I was trying my best to make sure he was no where in sight.

I started speed walking but sure enough, I heard my name being called in that familiar husky voice.

I tried to act as if I didn't hear him but his voice got closer which means he is getting closer.

Blake, what are you doing?

I turned around and like I imagined he was right behind me.

"You avoiding me Blake?" he asked, and I froze up for a second because I was embarrassed that he noticed, but then he started laughing signaling that it was only a joke.

"I'm messing with you, where you off to so fast?"

Oh nothing, just to the guidance counselor's office so I can talk about how much of a fucked up life I have.

"Oh um, just to my dorm. I have lots of studying to do" I awkwardly nodded and pointed to the books in my hand.

He stood in front of me looking so happy, like he didn't have a care in the world. Adrian had that persona as if he was in control of everything as if nothing in his life wasn't in his control. I hate that I was probably the only person in this world that knew that there was something in his life that he in fact wasn't in control of, something that would probably hurt him to the core.