Chapter 12: Sand Pirates

Start from the beginning

"Hey."

I turn to the unfamiliar male voice to see the right hand man with an apologetic smile. "Yes?"

The man, also known as Zaba, bowed his head slightly before lifting it. "I apologize for our actions earlier. It was wrong to tie you up like that."

The bow caused my eye brows to raise in shock. "Oh no, please it's okay! No need to bow!"

He shook his head with a soft smile on his face as his dark eyes met mine. "I only do it because I feel the need to. There's something about you that give off a sense of importance."

My e/c orbs stared at him for a little, shocked at the man's reasoning and his kind smile. I spoke but only to respond, as I was still shocked. "I see. Well, thank you."

Before he could say anything more, my senses peaked and I felt a projectile rushing towards Vivi. The princess seemed to sense it too as she lifted her head quickly, her eyes showcasing that she sensed danger.

I immediately threw a dagger towards her, putting it in the path of the projectile, causing the two weapons to clash. The projectile that was shot at her landed on the ship and my dagger landed on the sand right next to Vivi.

Vivi's eyes darted to me with a quick nod to follow, silently thanking me, before picking up my dagger just in case she was being attacked.

A figure jumped off the broken mast behind us and landed in front of Vivi. The woman spoke with an intimidating tone despite the cute umbrella that opened up in her hair. "The others seem like outsides but you," She pointed her blade to the blue haired princess. "You're from here."

"Woah! How'd she know?!"

"Very cool Rasa!"

My eyebrows furrowed, leaving Zaba behind to stand defensively near the fellow princess. "Is there a reason you attacked her?"

The 'Rasa' girl turned to me, that same uninterested and intimidating look on her face. "I'm surprised you managed to deflect my attack, even if you do give off the same air as she does."

I raise a brow at her words, not realizing that she dodged my question.

What is up with people saying I give off a certain vibe? Also why does that sound like an insult?

"You must have some experience with sledding," Rasa's attention back on Vivi as she looked the princess up and down before turning to the sled. "You'll come along."

Sanji and Nami protested, but Vivi looked down before giving a determined look to the sand pirate. "Alright. I'll come with you."

Rasa smirked at the girl's answer and it widened when she saw me looking at her while Vivi tried to hand me back my dagger.

"Y/n?"

I snapped out of my analyzing daze directed towards Rasa, turning to grab the dagger from Vivi with a smile. "Be careful, okay?"

She nodded and hummed with determination and a smile to compliment it.

My lips pursed as I watched them take off. Something about that girl didn't sit right with me.

"Trust Luffy." A deep, smooth voice spoke by my side.

I looked up to see Zoro with his hands on his swords and his gaze at the point of the horizon where they left. My gaze shifted back to where Zoro was looking and nodded, ignoring the gut feeling I got when I looked at the girl. "Right."

"That was impressive by the way."

I perked up at the compliment form the taller male, turning to him with a smile.