Chapter one- Now we're stargazing

"So that leaves.. Noah and Beth for the final marshmallow of the night." said Chris with an unnecessarily slow voice. Just say it, I thought to myself. Quite honestly, I had no idea why I was getting so nervous about this. Would going home be really all that bad? This camp is shit anyways, and there's not many people that I get along with.

"Noah." I sighed, I guess not today. "On the other hand, that means Beth, you need to pack your bags 'cause you're going on the boat to LOSER TOWN!" Everyone waved their goodbyes to Beth. Especially Leshawna, I think she gave her an entire pep talk on "How to be a baddie." I listened in. Now that the ceremony was over, I headed back to the cabin.

Sharing a cabin with Owen, Cody, Trent, and Justy ❤️ wasn't half as bad all together as sharing with Zeeke. Half of them didn't even acknowledge me and that kid was a nightmare to be sharing a room with, let alone spend the night with. When I stepped in the cabin Owen, Trent and Justy ❤️ were all playing a game of Uno on the thin carpet in the middle of the cabin, but something felt strangely off, was someone missing? I don't know but I also didn't really care. I got changed in my shorts and crappy Star Wars T-shirt and lay down. When I lay down, I realized that the lights were too bright for sleeping though. "Hey guys, could you please turn off the lights?" I tried to sound as nice as possible but my efforts were completely wasted because nobody ended up paying attention anyways.
-
So I went outside of the cabin, I don't know what for but definitely in frustration. On the Dock of Shame, what looked like to be a thin silhouette was sitting cross-legged. Like a kid in kindergarten. I wondered who would be out here in the dark, cold night, but then again, I'm here too. I tiptoed carefully, trying not to make any sound incase some random creep decided to have a picnic on the doc. (How likely is that?) I stood behind the person for a while. They didn't move for about 20 seconds but when they did I could tell who it was right away.

"GAAAAAAHHHH!" Cody screamed. "DUDE, YOU SCARED THE LIVING JEEPERS OUT OF ME!" The kid looked like he had just seen Jesus in the flesh. "Oh. Sorry." I said in confusion. "What are you doing here?" "Looking at the stars," He answered. I thought about it for a bit. "That sounds boring." "
Yeah, but the chance of seeing a shooting star is always there. So, you know it's worth it, because you can make a wish."
This is the first real interaction with him I've had since the start of the show, apart from the time I accidentally kissed his ear in my sleep. "Do you wanna watch them with me?" He shone his gap-toothed smile. Something about the thought of leaving him by himself made me unusually disheartened, it couldn't hurt right? "Sure, why not?" So I sat down and decided to watch the stars with Cody Anderson.