"Oh Phina" She felt a presence beside her and arms wrap around her.

"what happened" Uma asked softly brushing away stray hairs from the girls face.

"Just- just my mom. They want me to go home but i can't Uma they'll keep me there forever"

"Then don't go. We've got you. Me, Harry, Gil, Evie, Mal, Jay, Carlos, Ben. We all love you just stay here with us" Umas arms squeezed her tighter and Phina breathed more slowly, her body melting into Uma's as every muscle lost its tension

Phina nodded into Umas shoulder. She loved her parents but she had a life to live and she was going to do just that.

After being comforted by Uma for a while longer Phina pulled back with a giggle. She sniffed and dried her eyes using her sleeves.

"Thank you Uma" She said to the girl who nodded with a smile of her own.

"Now i think we should go and find Harry before he starts to think we stood him up" Uma laughed and so they did.

The sun shone it's warm golden rays down on the two girls that walked through one of Auradon preps many gardens as they looked for their pirate friend. Eventually they found him along with Carlos and Evie lounging under the shade of a weeping willow tree, it's long graceful branches swayed in the slight breeze.

Phina sat beside Harry who was sat on the grass, his back leant up against the trees intricate bark, a leg bent at the knee whilst the other layed outstretched in front of him.

The group welcomed the two girls happily but when Harry took a few moments to look at Phina whilst she talked to her friends he noticed that her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were flushed. She had been crying. He'd have to ask her about it later.

Harry zoned back in on the conversation

"oh what about that one time when Fairy god mother looked like she was about to faint when she had to tell Carlos that he 'can not by any means paint your dorm room door red and black just to match your outfits'. Bless her she had a tough week the week you all arrived" Phina made everyone fall into a fit of laughs at her perfect impression of fairy god mother.

The group had been recalling memories from Carlos, Jay, Evie and Mals first week in Auradon when they had discovered that Phina had a knack for perfectly replicating peoples voices. It was something she had inherited from her father but she had never really found any real use for it until now.

Her friends found it hilarious how she could sound like various people so effortlessly and made her do it over and over again, laughing every time.

The group continued to chatter for a while but eventually Evie had a customer to go see, Carlos had to go to swords and shields practice and Uma...well no one knew where she was going but she left too leaving only Harry and Phina.

Phina who had her book in her lap though she wasn't too focused on reading it watched her friends leave and then turned to look at the boy next to her.

"Why where you crying earlier?" Harry asked but Phina feigned ignorance and looked down at the pages of her book

"i don't know what your talking about" Phina feigned ignorance and looked down at the pages in her lap. It was an old book with yellowing pages and a cracked spine but it seemed to hold the girls interest, something that Harry found quite intolerable at that moment it seemed.

"Don't lie to me Philomena, tell me why" he said as he grabbed the book out of the girls reach. Phinas eye twitched at the fact that his heavy handling of the book was causing the pages to crinkle slightly.

"Give it back" She tried to reach for the book but Harry just held it further away from her.

"Not until you tell me"

Phina stood up and lunged for her book but Harry who had also stood up to his full height shortly after her held it above his head. He tried to be gentle with the pages but being gentle didn't come easy to him.

"Give it me now" She put her hands on her hips and looked at him sternly but he simply threw his head back as he laughed. He was infuriating but swing the dimples in his cheeks appear made her have to fight a smile of her own.

"Your cute when ya get all cross"

"Oh, I'll show you cross just-" she giggled but then her back hit the tree and Harry was in front of her taking away her breath and ability to move anywhere.

Their laughs died down and they looked at each other. Their close proximity allowed Harry to see the little freckles on her nose and the golden specks in her eyes. She looked at him with her wide doe eyes and it took everything in him to control himself and not just kiss her until neither of them could breathe.

But they harldy talked about the kiss they shared on the bridge in Mal and Bens engagement party which made Harry assume they were back to being just friends, as much as it pained him, if that's what she wanted he would try his best to comply.

But If she kept this up it was going to be a long year of just being...friends.

AN: the love i've received for this little book i had initially written purely to fill out my own fantasies and rid my brain of some plot points has blown me away. Reading your comments and receiving votes has made some of the darkest says that little bit brighter. Thankyou! i realise this authors note has come to sound like i am ending the story which i can assure you i am not. Many more chapters to come! But with that please continue to comment and vote i love to hear your thoughts <3