thirteen

chapter thirteen ~ get off my bike, Hook!

Janes birthday had Carlos running around in a frenzied panic. He was trying to make sure everything was perfect for his girlfriend.

"I think she's gonna like the cake, you guys" Carlos said happily to Evie, Philomena and Jay who were all helping him with his girlfriends birthday party preparations.

"Okay who got into Janes cake?!" Carlos was stressed out of his mind and now Janes cake was ruined. He had just about had enough. Why was organising a birthday party so difficult?

Phina was trying to calm Carlos down with the breathing techniques her mother had taught her and he was just beginning to relax until they saw a flash of green light and Mals scream from outside.

Dropping everything and rushing outside Phina and the group looked around shocked at the seven in front of them.

Philomena's large brown eyes looked at Audrey who wore a crown and held malificent glowing sceptor in her hands. Her appearance had grown darker, her hair was former and she was wearing a dark purple outfit to match her new hair colour. Her eyes were rimmed with eyeliner too though not as extreme as what Harry Hook usually wore.

What on earth had happened to her?

Phinas eyes darted to Mal to see if she was okay but the girl looked far from it. She was hunched over and covered by an old cloak but Phina could still see her face. She had to refrain herself from gasping in shock when she saw that Mal no longer looked young and beautiful.
No, instead she bore wrinkles and warts and her hair was white as snow. Audrey had transformed Mal into an old hag the little witch!

"So long suckers" Audrey said with a smirk and disappeared into a cloud of pink smoke. Phina clenched her jaw and balled her fists in frustration. Everything was going fine until Audrey just had to ruin it.

It seemed Jay had only just noticed Mals new look because he jumped back in shock.

"You uh...might want to think of a spell for that"

"There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the sceptor" Mal told her friends. Her voice was that of an old person to match her appearance.

"we'll that's a shame" Carlos sounded unsure as he spoke, probably trying to get used to the fact that his friend now had the body, face and voice of an old woman.

"Forget about me" Mal said "Audrey's out for revenge and all of Auradon is in danger"

"What should we do?" Evie asked eager to do anything possible to help her friend and the rest of Auradon.

"The only thing more powerful than the sceptor" Mal paused "is Hades ember"

"is that the blue rock?" Phina asked Carlos quietly and he nodded without taking his eyes off of old Mal.