Chapter 72

Today is my and Alex's wedding day

Today is my and Alex's wedding day. We, of course, have the day off thanks to Owen insisting we already have too much to worry about. I finish my cup of coffee before putting it in the sink and grabbing my keys off the counter "I'm going to pick up my mum and sisters." I say kissing Alex on the cheek, we decided not to go for the traditional not seeing your partner before the aisle walk. He grabs my arm and brings me closer before I have a chance to move away "See you at the aisle." He says and I smirk before heading off to the airport.

When I am halfway to the airport I pull out my phone and click on a contact before ringing it. "Hola?" My mother's soothing voice fills my ears from the other end of the phone "Hola, mama." I reply "I am going to be a little late, there is traffic." My mother mutters something in Spanish and I hear my sister berate her. I smile, turning my blinker on before changing lanes. I some commotion on the other end of the phone before my sister, Bella, speaks "Sounds good sis. And hey, how far away is the venue from the airport?"

I check my map on my car screen before replying "About 15 minutes." I answer, there is a pause in which I can hear Ava giggling in the background. Someone beeps at me and I throw my middle finger up angrily. I end the call and continue to sit in traffic. On my wedding day.

Once I arrive at the airport I spot my family instantly, they stick out like sore thumbs shouting in Spanish and waving their arms around. I pull over as close as I can to them and honk my horn, they all jump before spotting my car and heading over. Heaven save me.  If I make it through this day without murdering anyone I share blood with, it will be a miracle. Everyone piles in and I take off again.

"Did you bring the-" Ronnie starts asking before I cut her off by holding up the box of tissues, she leans over and grabs them. "Thank you." She says before sneezing into one. My mum starts playing with the radio until it is a calm, quiet jazz station "Seriously mama?" I ask switching lanes. "What?" She asks innocently and I glance at her quickly before turning my attention back to the road "Can you not spend fifteen minutes without changing things?" I hear her scoff and shuffle around in her chair. "I don't like your music, it hurts my ears." She answers, Bella appears from the backseat "it's wrap, mama. It's what everyone in the big cities listens to." Mother is about to reply when I get a call.

With amazing speed, I answer it making everyone fall silent "hello." There is a pause before my best friend's voice sounds from the other side "Andy, are you on the way? The photographer is here and he said he wants pictures of before and after with the bride."I check my map for a moment before answering "I should be there in a couple of minutes." Derek says something to some on the other end. "He asked if you want shots of you guys getting ready." I frown for a moment, thinking about the kind of photographs I want out of this day.

"Sure." I reply turning off the highway "And Derek, can you meet me outside? I have some things I need help bringing in." He tells me he will before ending the call. Ava squeals and I glance at her in the mirror "butterfly." She says pointing to the window where a butterfly is indeed sitting.