Chapter 14: The Fall

Well I made the team, Ms. Baker said I did amazing. Practice went fine other than Sam's girlfriend glaring at me the entire time. It was kind of funny when he brought me my water. Her face turned red and I swear steam was coming out of her ears.

     The best part was at the end when I walked over to him and she was talking to him.

     "Hey peanut ready to go?" He asked taking my backpack. She turned around facing away from him but towards me and gave me a death glare.

     "Who's this Sam?" She asked through clenched teeth.

     "This is Kat my little sister that we went to get over the weekend." He smiled from ear to ear as he put his arm around my shoulders. "Kat this is Tiffany my girlfriend that I was telling you about."

     Tiffany gave me a forced smile "Kat what a pleasure to meet you. We will have to hang out sometime. I bet living in a house full of boys can be hard. Maybe we can do girl things like get our nails done."

     I gave her a fake smile back. "Sounds perfect."

     "You two will get along great." Sam said in a chipper tone not reading the tension at all. "Well babe I got to get her to Reuben's class so we can head home. I will see you tomorrow." He let go of me and gave her a quick kiss then lead me to Reuben's.

     "I am so ready for dinner. I am starving." I groaned as we walked the halls.

     "We will get you a snack when we get home. You did amazing in cheer today." He smiled as we walked.

     "Thank you. Is everyone waiting in Reubens room?"

     "No Wes and Jere got in trouble so Logan took them home."

     "Yikes what did they do?"

     "Well Wes told his teacher to fuck off and then Jere hit a kid."

     "Damn so are they suspended?"

     "No they will have in school suspension tomorrow and of course an ass beating from probably Ben."

     "Well they are screwed." I felt bad for them they were just in trouble yesterday and now again today.

     "Even more so for Wes since the teacher he said that to was Logan." Sam said as to took a drink from my water causing me to cough and choke on it in shock.

     "Nooooo." I said once I could breath.

     "Yup the dumb ass sure did. But hopefully Ben will be done taring into them when we get there and we can check on them." He shrugged "Now shush about it cause Reuben's room is up ahead.

     We turned into a room and in the front  of the room in a corner was a teachers desk. That's were I saw Reuben concentrating hard on some papers.

     "Hey Reuben." Sam said pulling his attention from his papers. 

     "Hey you two how was cheer practice?" He smiled

     "Good coach Baker put me on the team." I bounced with joy.

     "That's awesome good job sweetie. Okay let's go home. Ben wants you in his office to pick out stuff for your room." Reuben stood up and grabbed his backpack and laptop.

    We got back to the house and I was still not used to seeing it yet. I still stared at it in shock. When we got in Sam showed me to Ben's office. I was thankful he did because this place was like a maze.

     "Hey there Princess how was your first day?" Ben asked as I entered his office.

     "It was okay I guess. Kind of boring to be honest. The cheer coach put me on the cheer team though." I smile siting down in one of the chairs in front of his desk.