Chapter 6

Percy and the others finally arrived at Logtuma, all of them are not familiar with the town, but Kendrick knows what his aunt's friend's house was, the only problem is he can't remember where it is. While wandering, Jake noticed something in an empty alley.
Jake stops to glance at the alley, he tells others to stop but they are already away from him. However, instead of catching up to them, Jake decided to go inside that alleyway. As he is walking inside he noticed a figure sitting in the corner. He walks towards it and saw that it was a person, "Hello?" he says with confusion. The person looked back at him, she looks terrified and miserable.
"Are you okay?" Jake asked.
The girl moved backward like she is scared of him. "I'm not what you think I am," Jake declared. "I'm not going to hurt you." The girl stopped moving backward and starts to burst into tears. She has short blonde hair and blue eyes.
Jake stretch out his arm, to help the girl stand up. He sat beside her and introduced himself. "I'm Jake by the way," reaching out his hand for a shake. The girl whipped her tears and reach her hand to Jake's for a shake. "Sorry about that- I'm Sanya," smiling at him. Jake wondered why she is crying, so he asked her. "Would you mind if I ask you something?"
"Sure," she replied with a melancholic tone.
"Why are you crying?" he mutters with a confused tone, he looked at Sanya and saw a tear running down her right cheek.
"It was my cousin," whipping her tear. "He got arrested, after protecting me, He was-" Her words got cut in, seeing some guards heading their way, she stood up and looked at Jake.
"I'm sorry, ah I have to go!" and sprints outside the alleyway. Jake stood up and watched her turn in the other direction.

While standing, someone tapped on Jake's shoulders. Jake turned around and saw it was Percy and the others looking curious waiting for him. "I saw-" his words die in his throat as he saw the guards approaching behind Hope. The guards stopped with a practiced position, letting their chief walk towards them.
"Did any of you notice this girl roaming around the town?" followed by grabbing a piece of paper, showing a poster of a girl.
"She got short blonde hair and blue eyes," he muttered with a rough, deep voice.
They all examined the sketch carefully, but no one seems to notice the girl-except for Jake. They all say no; but Jake was stunned, knowing that Sanya is wanted-he then remembered that Sanya's cousin is in jail for saving her. The chief noticed that Jake did not answer, and he looked at Jake for a second. "And you?" he says, making his voice loud, but still rough. Lynn elbowed Jake to get his attention, he looked at her with a question on his face; Lynn nod his head to the side, gesturing him to the chief.
"So?" the chief asked, still loud and rough.
Jake was stunned thinking about what to say... Looking at the chief's treacherous face makes his eyes wide.
"No Sir," he snaps, giving the paper back to the chief.
"Very well," the chief mutters roughly and walks past them, followed by the guards.
"What the hell was that all about?" Hope growls, throwing a daggered glance at Jake.
"You're acting suspicious to him," Lynn snarls.
"You said you saw something Jake what is it?" Percy asked.
"something or someone?" Lynn murmurs.
Jake almost throws a fake laugh. "It's nothing- I thought I saw someone, but it's just the boxes."
"I think we have to keep moving... We are wasting our time," Kendrick said, turning his back and starting to walk out of the alley.
Sanya finally arrived at their street feeling exhausted and anxious. In the distance, she saw a woman outside of their house, so she decided to stop and observe the woman. She noticed that the woman is their landlady, and at the same time, two men stepped out, carrying their stuff out of the house.
Once she saw that, her knees almost weakens, although she managed to step and began to run towards their house.
"Hurry up!! Take all their belongings outside!!" the woman shouted in the distance.
"No no no," Sanya says quietly, but her tears threaten to fall from her blue eyes. "Madam wa-what's happening?" she says while watching their stuff getting dropped outside from the house, and not looking straight at their landlady.
"It's been three months since you and your cousin did not pay the rent young lady!! I have to kick you out of my property!!" she says to Sanya, with a loud and angry voice. Sanya thinks of some reasons to speak out to her landlord, but she can only think of one thing. She grabbed her landlord's hand and grabbed something from her pocket.
She looked up to her landlady and gave a bag that consist of twenty pieces of coins that Ben gave her. "I'm begging you madam- I have nothing to stay if you take away this house from us," she says, looking at her with teary eyes. Madam shakes her arm forcefully to push Sanya's hand.
She walks away slowly, "You two!! Help her get those stuff back inside!" she looks back to Sanya and said, "And you- this is not enough for that THREE MONTHS; You better find a way, to pay." She then walks away like a pretend rich woman with bouncy big tied hair on top of her head.
A sigh escaped from Sanya, she grabbed some of their belongings. However, before she walks inside the house, something comes to her mind. But where should I find a new job? they will probably hate me because of Ben. She sighs hard and almost drops the stuff from her arms.