Chapter 19 - Part 1

Chapter 19 - Part 1

Lana looked up to Korey's murderous eyes, and held her mouth open, half-way in the car. Korey smiled, and slapped her cheek twice, smiling.

"Close your mouth before somebody shoves something in there." She laughed, pushing Lana in the car, and closing the door, and hopping in the passenger seat.

Carson smiled at Lana, and told the driver where to take them. Jonathan smirked, driving the opposite way. It's not like they'd know the difference.

Lana looked at the front seat as fear rose in her heart, and she watched as Korey took off the turban and hat. She looked at Carson, who didn't seem to notice.

"Grab the wheel, bae." Jonathan said, and Korey did, looking back at Carson.

"Well hello Mr. Sawyer." She smiled, and he looked at her wide-eyed. He looked at Lana, and she shook her head.

"Now," Korey started, taking off the black jacket she'd been wearing.

"You two have been some very malicious little rats. Who'd of thought you two would end up together?" She giggled, reaching in her big purse.

"Anyway, your failed attempt at killing my man really hurt my feelings. You know he got a hole in his chest? That wasn't very nice, was it baby?" She said, looking at a smirking Jonathan.

"Hell nah." He laughed, pulling into a dark alley.

"Lana, you love Carson?" She asked, and before Lana could even get the 's' out, Korey shot him in his shoulder. He groaned loudly, and Lana looked distraught, sitting there in shock.

"Damn baby!" Jonathan laughed, looking through the rearview mirror. She smiled, and turned to look at Lana.

"Tell me, how could you set up your own brother? How could do all this sneaky shit to yo blood, lil mama? I understand the animosity between us, but why you gotta be so fuckin' stupid? I ain't gone kill you, and that's only cause yo brother actually got a lil love for ya dumb ass, but I am gone hurt you, and he can't save you from that. As for ya man here, I can't make no promises." Korey said.

"I...I'm sorry Jon." She cried, looking at Carson holding his chest.

"No you ain't, but that's cool, get out the car." He said, and Korey unlocked the doors. Carson shoulder was in excruciating pain, so he didn't even attempt to move. Lana leaned over and grabbed his face, kissing his lips.

"Jon, please don't kill him. I love him, and if you love me, just... please." She whispered.

"Get out, Lana." he said, and Korey got out the car, and grabbed her out her side.

She handed Lana a small bag. "There's a plane ticket in here, a pre-paid phone, and $300. I really want to kick yo ass, but I realized it's not you who I should be tryna fuck up, it's Yazmin, but she dead already. I gotta deal with you either way, cause I am going to be in Jon's life forever, and so will you. You lucky he forgiving, because that shit you pulled is grimy and disgusting. You need to go to Newark and make right witcha daddy, cause he dying. That may be what saved you. When you leave out this alley, make a right, and call a cab. Get on the plane, and there's gone be a driver there to take you to his hospital. Stay there until we get back. Don't try no snake shit, Lana, cause I will kill you." Korey, said, handing her the bag.

Lana grabbed Korey and hugged her tight around her neck. Korey rolled her eyes, and waited for her to pull away, but she never did.

"I...I'm.. s-so sorry, I hope you f-forgive me one day. I... I'm so sorry, Yazmin manipulated me." She cried. Korey knew how Yazmin was, so she just nodded her head, and put her hand on Lana's back.

"I know. Go." She said, and Lana squeezed her once more, and let go, going the way she was told. Korey shook her head, and waited for Jon's signal to come back into the car.

"You nasty muthafucka! What the fuck you doin wit Lana young ass?" Jonathan yelled.

"I love her man. Ever since she was sevente-"

"Shut the fuck up! I don't wanna hear that shit! What the fuck you shoot me for?" He asked, looking at him dead in the eye. Carson was getting light headed, and the pain in his shoulder was no joke, but Jonathan didn't give a damn, cause he wanted answers, and he was gone get them.

"Ya pops said-"

"I know damn well he ain't speak to you! you crazy? He been wanting kill you since you fucked Lana, and you got money sittin' on money, so don't tell me you wanted to get that money. You real stupid to be lyin' in my face, and I'm holdin' the gun." he yelled.

"For real, man. It ain't personal, you know that shit." He pleaded.

Jonathan chuckled and nodded. "You right." He honked the horn, and Korey got back in the car.

-----------------------------------------------

Lana sat outside the hospital room for thirty two minutes now. How could she face her father after everything she'd done?

"Excuse me ma'am, no visitors." The nurse said, but Lana didn't really hear her.

"Ma'am? No visitors." She repeated, and Lana rolled her eyes, trying to get around her.

"I won't be long." She tried to get pass her again, but the nurse looked at her sadly and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, miss. Mr. Lawrence has passed. He can't have any visitors." Lana wouldn't believe that. She pushed the skinny nurse, and opened the door to see her dad spread out on the bed. His shirt was off and he had many tubes stuck to his chest. She felt warm tears coating her face as she looked at his lifeless body.

She was too late.

Falling to her knees, she punched the floor. She always thought she'd be ready for this day. She thought, everyone had to go. Nothing could prepare her for seeing her father's usual lively skin pale, almost white. His face tired, and so many damn tubes all over him, going through his nose, over his chest, and on his arms.

The same nurse gathered Lana in her arms, and tried to calm her.

"Shhh, it's okay, sweetie." She cooed, and Lana shook her head. It wasn't okay, and it will never be.

----------------------------------