Making A New Friend

I was walking to the DX to see Soda and Steve. I was walking alone. I could've asked Pony to go with me but he looked busy. I've been through a lot lately. I haven't told my brothers. I wanted to keep it to myself. After my parents died everything has became harder for me. Probably for my brothers to. I was almost at the DX when I heard screaming. I looked up and noticed that some Socs were jumping a girl. I took and deep breath then ran over to them. I got out my blade. "Hey leave her alone!" I yelled. The Socs looked at me and grinned. "Hey guys,look who we have here? It looks like another girl to hurt" one of the Socs said. "You can hurt me all you want but leave the girl alone!" I yelled. "Fine we'll deal with you instead" the same Soc said. The Socs left the girl and started walking over to me. The Soc in front of me lifted up my chin. "Your mind,remember that" the Soc said. I spat at him. He wiped his face off then made a deep cut on my cheek. Him and the other Socs left after that. I looked at the girl and she hugged me. "Thanks so much for saving me. They had me scared. My name is Peal Wonders by the way" the girl said. "Of course. I couldn't just let you get hurt. Am (y/n) Curtis" I said. "Are you the sister of Sodapop Curtis?" Peal asked. I smiled. "Yeah I am" I said. "That cool!' Peal said. "I was just heading to the DX. Would you like to come with me?" I asked. Peal smiled. "I would love to" said Peal. With that we both headed to the DX.