"Hello," she said, smiling.

"Hi baby"

"You are off early today? " she asked.

"Mhmm it's been a rough week and not the best weather. Are you still at work?"

"Yeah I was just leaving too." she said packing her stuff.

"Is it possible if I could pick you up instead?" he asked, already taking a turn towards where she was.

"I want to go with you too but I don't know if it will be possible with my family around."

"I am at a red light so you have only two minutes to make the excuses. I am coming" he now was at the intersection of their workplace.

"Zai you're-"

"Coco I'm almost there"

She huffed and ran out internally panicking about what she'll say to her papa and if it will be believable enough or not.

She soon found herself standing outside her father's cabin which was right next to Alex's.

"What do I say to him, Zai?" she asked him timidly into the phone.

He loved his nickname.

"Just tell him you are going out with a friend."

"Umm you know I don't go out with friends. I never have." she said nervously, chewing on her bottom lip.

"You have your car with you?"

"I came with Alex," she said, fidgeting with her phone case.

He sighed.

"Then I might have to come up"

Her eyes widened. No way. Na-uh sir.

"No Zai- I will take care of it. Just don't hang up, okay?" she hesitantly knocked on the door.

"Don't worry, I will not"

Getting a positive reply she popped her head inside first to check if he's alone or not but found both her parents there.

What was mama doing here?

"Papa?"

"Yes honey, what is it?"

"Umm can I leave early to meet up with a- a friend?" her gaze switching from her papa to mama.

Looking at their confused and worried faces she hurriedly added
"School friend mama. It is kind of a reunion."

Their faces softened hearing her request.
" Of Course love, you can. Just be careful, the weather is really bad."

She smiled brightly and nodded.

"How will you be going there? Someone coming to pick you up or you're booking an Uber?" asked her father.

"Oh no you're not booking an Uber. We'll ask the driver to drop you as well as to pick you up." said her mother.

" No, I am fine, really. A friend is coming to pick me up." she assured them as best as she could.

Albeit reluctantly her parents nodded slowly and followed her down.

Ailee bid them goodbye and headed towards the parking lot putting her phone on her ear.

"I am at the entrance actually. Should I come to the parking lot?" he asked, starting his car.

" No it's okay I am coming there."

She changed her route towards the main entrance and found him waiting for her outside of his car.