When I realized Aarvin was not going to say anything else, I mentally patted my shouder for my victory. Putting on my seatbelt, my eyes then travelled up to my friends who kept glancing at each other with an all too secretive smirk like they knew something I don't.

“What?”

“Nothing.” They shrugged in unison making it rather suspicious.

I narrowed my eyes at their odd behavior.

Nordin had this mischievous smirk on his lips when he looked at me. And with the same smirk he stole a glance at Aarvin who was now looking out through the window.

What?

I asked with my eyes to which he shrugged nonchalantly with a knowing smile.

Chuckling, I too turned my sight to the sky waiting for the craft to land.

Me and Nordin have a healthy relationship now. It’s been only two days since I met him but I’ve witnessed how much he cares for Helen. He was there for her all the time these past two days and it made me realize how much he cares and loves her. It’s so apparent in his eyes but unfortunately, she is the only one who hasn't yet seen it, eyes that filled with obvious love.

But I can hope. Moreover I have faith in Nordin to help her bring back her memories. He is adamant about making her remember him and no one can stop him from that.

Me being the most brilliant best friend I am, is shipping them like a fangirl and is doing everything I can to make that ship sail. Kevin is also by my side with as much zeal as me. And Gwen…. Well he is a whole different story.

~~~

“Finally…!” I breathed in the air of London as I first stepped outside the craft.

It’s been only weeks since I left London but to me it felt like a decade. Because a better me, the present Alexia, was moulded here in London. It was the streets of this city which had witnessed my resurgence. It was here where I found a ray of light which could brighten my future. It give me my friends who would die for me, for whom I would gladly die fighting.

And it also give me….

“Shall we go?” Aarvin asked coming to stand beside me. He was too close to me. A little bit more and our arms would touch.

I smiled.

“We shall”

With that, we all walked towards the exit where two BMWs were parked.

“Good afternoon sir” Mr. King, who joined the group halfway towards the car, greeted him.

“Morning” He nodded surprising me with the sudden shift in his demeanor.

His voice was rigid and blank, hard with confidence. It was like a switch had been flicked, transforming him to another person. An absolute businessman.

It was then did I realize that the tone he used now was exactly like how he was with us on our first meeting. All professional.

But now..

He has changed.

The way he now speaks to us is nothing like how he speaks with others. Sure it was blank as ever. But there was something in his voice when he interacted with us which made us different from others. The Aarvin back in the plane was nothing like the Aarvin who is now talking to his PA while we walked towards the car.

Furthermore, when it comes to me, it is all the more different. Totally different.

Sure he talks rudely, retort arrogantly, make fun of me, joke with me.. but come to think of it now…