"Just come home, we don't need to go anywhere, we will spend time together at home." He looked at me lovingly. My son is a blessing, I can't ask for more.

"Don't worry, I don't have work today, I will stay until you come." Logan said. I looked at him and smiled, grateful.

**************

I entered Knight Towers and went to reception first.

"Good morning, Mira!" I greeted Mrs. Richard politely.

"Oh Adira dear, why are you here? I thought you took off yesterday to spend the whole weekend with Atlas?" She asked, concerned.

"Yeah but Mr. Knight called me saying it's important, do you know what's going on?" I asked her.

"Oh right, you remember the AI projects which Mr. Knight was searching for to invest and work on?" I nodded. "We finally got some big projects and I heard he got an investor as well with a high tech team who are world famous for their research in artificial intelligence." Oh, I remember now, he has been looking for this opportunity but didn't see potential in any ongoing AI projects so I can imagine how important it would be for him. I was about to answer when the office door opened and Mr. Knight came out.

"You're here." He said.

"Yes, good morning and congratulations sir you got the right project." I said politely, smiling at him.

He nodded looking at me without any expression and said, "They are here to sign the contract, the meeting is in the conference room, bring the file there," and entered the elevator going to the conference room.

"Why is he always so cold, a person can at least smile a little," I huffed. Mira looked at me.

"You don't know?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Know what?" I asked, confused.

"He was not like this before. He used to be a friendly and cheerful guy years ago." What? Cheerful? This Ares Simon Knight?

"I have been working here for years now so I know everything that has happened around here. Years ago, when Mr. Knight was young, he used to love a girl a lot and he wanted to marry her later. I don't know what happened then but he became like this afterwards. I think she betrayed him or so. The poor guy! He must have loved her a lot." Oh! I didn't know what to say.

It's sad how easily people can deceive others disregarding others feelings and crushing their hearts in the process. She also faced deception one time in her life, the biggest betrayal of her life. If Atlas didn't come to my life, I don't know how I would have handled the pain.

I looked at the way Mr. Knight went, I hope he will also recover and find someone who will cherish him for who he is.

I took the file of the contract and went to the conference room, busy in my own thoughts. I opened the door and entered. Several pairs of eyes stared back at me and I greeted them politely before my eyes finally landed on the familiar blue eyes of a particular someone.

I froze on my spot, unable to move. He was staring back at me with a sharp and soul searching gaze but his facial expression was unreadable. He was not shocked or even surprised. He smirked looking at me. That irked me, how dare he. B****d!

"Miss Jackson!" I heard Mr. Knight calling me. I looked at him and cleared my throat before moving to his side, handing him the file. Although I was shaking inside, I walked confidently, not showing an ounce of fear.

"Gentlemen! This is my executive assistant, Adira Beyonce Jackson, and Miss Jackson, this is Joel Timon, the investor who will work with us and his team members," I shook everyone's hands politely.