Author's note

And that's a wrap...

First of all, yes, I have seen all the requests about a sequel, and I have said that there should be one. Still, I can't promise anything. I'd want it to come organically, which, unfortunately, doesn't seem like a possibility anytime soon, seeing how life has decided to get very messy, and I'm not so good at being messy. I really appreciate the enthusiasm, but I hope you understand that enthusiasm is the very thing I'm missing right now, and the last thing I'd want is to start killing off characters just for the hell of it. :D I'll just try to push on through, and we'll see where that leads.

Anyway, moving on to another long ramble, this story began back in 2017 for me. In my head. And in 2018, I started writing this story down—usually while sitting in class, with a pen, on paper, in this green notepad that's still lying around in my desk at my parents' house on the other side of the country. And sure, I might have taken long breaks, I might have posted a hundred different versions of it, and my life might have changed significantly over the years, but it is complete now. This feels like a huge accomplishment, particularly given that English is not my first language (yeah, I've been using it for two decades, but this still felt like quite the challenge that pushed me way out of my comfort zone), and this was my first ever writing experience outside of schoolwork. I guess I also have to thank the dictionary. It's, in a way, my own learning lesson—in writing and life.

I'd also like to say a thank you to everyone who stuck around. I am sincerely grateful to all of you, to each person who read this. I still remember some of the usernames who used to be here years ago, and also the new ones joining just now. It means the world to me, to see others appreciate something so close to my own heart. And I think that a special thank you is deserved for E. You know who you are, and you're the best. Same goes for A and M.

Oh, and I do editing quite often, so if you ever come back for a re-read, there might be some things that are different.

This is it. That's where we're finishing. April 6, 2023. 18'166 reads. 1'208 votes. I wish you a wonderful day. :)

- Love, Renee.