Chapter 19 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

Start bij het begin

(Easy, girl)

My hand touched her snout and I could feel my connection to her. "Easy, girl." Jake said softly.

He made it to her side and eye'd Neytiri again, but she gave him no further instruction, I chuckled at them. Jake sighed and lifted his hands onto her back and tried to pull himself up.

He struggled for a moment, but quickly sat up straight.

Pa'ley let out a snort, feeling this stranger's weight on her back. Neytiri held the lead on her snout and rubbed her nose gently to calm her.

Neytiri hushed her gently and grabbed her antennae, handing it to Jake. The Queue appeared from the end of the antennae and Jake looked at it nervously. "You must join yours with her's."

Jake grabbed at his braid behind him, pulling it forward and seeing his own Queue.

He brought it forward and the queues linked together. Pa'ley's eye's widened as the bond was formed and she jolted uneasily. Neytiri kept a firm grasp on her lead and steadied her.

Jake looked down at me with his eyes wide. I knew he was seeing through his own eyes and Pa'ley's.

"That is 𝐓𝐬𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐲𝐥𝐮. The bond." I explained gently. "Feel her." I patted her side, then his leg, Jake closed his eyes for a moment.

"Feel her heartbeat. Her breath. Feel her strong legs. You may tell her what to do. Inside." Neytiri pointed to her head. "For now, say where to go." I stepped back from them.

"Forward." Jake said nervously.

He grunted quickly as she lurched forward. The bond was broken and Jake fell off down into the mud. Neytiri and I couldn't contain ourselves.

We laughed and chased after them, leaving Jake in the mud, so I could calm Pa'ley. I grabbed her lead and patted her head gently. I turned at the sound of hoofs, clopping towards us.

Tsu'tey, Atan'eko, and his warriors came riding through the forests and across the small brook towards us.

Jake climbed up slowly, covered in mud and began wiping it off while he was stared down.

"You should go away" Tsu'tey demanded.

"Nah, you'd miss me." Jake smirked up at him. "I knew you could speak English." I walked over with Pa'ley in hand, meeting Tsu'tey's eyes.

"𝐅𝐢̀'𝐮 𝐤𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐦. 𝐀̈ 𝐭𝐬𝐤𝐱𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐢̀'𝐮𝐥. '𝐔𝐫 𝐫𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦" He scoffed as I gave him a look.

(This alien will learn nothing. A rock sees more. Look at him)

Jake was wiping his muddy face with his hand and then gagged as he tried to wipe his tongue with the same hand. I couldn't help but smirk, sighing. "Taste good?" I asked him, chuckling.

"Shut up" I laughed at his response.

Tsu'tiì rode up, stopping by us. "Sup Tsu'tiì" I smiled as he looked down at me. "Hey Marali, have you heard from Ley'ra?" He asked me, Atan'eko glancing at us.

"She's been fine, she said she'll visit us soon" Tsu'tiì nodded, smiling, knowing his mate is fine.

"Go." Neytiri chuckled and tapped Tsu'tey's direhorses bottom. Tsu'tey smirked at her, feeling it through his bond.

He stared down Jake on his way by and disappeared into the forest with Atan'eko and Tsu'tiì.

"Again." Neytiri said, gesturing to the direhorse.