Chapter 8: Awakening and the Venture to Switzerland

Gyalzen POV

I don't know how long it had been. To me it felt almost instant, like sleeping and waking up straight after. As soon as the feeling of consciousness began to return to me, my mind raced, recollecting the events prior to being knocked out. When I remembered, my eyes snapped open.

ESIDISI! He'd come to the island to look for that red stone Lisa Lisa carried. He'd killed Loggins before attacking me and Joseph. I'd used the Thunder Cross Split attack to land a finishing blow, but not before sustaining heavy burns from Esidisi's blood vessels.

The last thing I remembered was Esidisi's body dissolving into nothing, Joseph calling out to me then nothing but darkness, until now...

The silence was quickly broken by a familiar voice saying "Hey! He's awake!" Looking around, I soon discovered that it was Caesar who'd spoken, I appeared to be in my room on Air Supplena Island. My body was wrapped in bandages in various places. Likely the locations that had been significantly burned in the fight with Esidisi.

Caesar was soon joined by Joseph who sprinted over and instantly began panicking "Oh man! Gyalzen! I thought you were dead for a moment! Had to get that nose ring myself!" I asked "How long was I out for?"

Caesar answered "A good few hours. We noticed a huge build-up of steam coming from the fight island, we rushed over to find JoJo trying to literally drag you along. He told us what had happened. It was an impressive display."

A voice suddenly echoed through the room. "It was foolish and reckless!" We looked up to see Lisa Lisa stood in the doorway, arms folded and a stern look on her face. Behind her stood Messina who's expression was entirely blank.

They both entered into the room, Lisa Lisa continued her lecture. "You faced an opponent, with no idea of HOW to fight them. You had no idea what abilities they had! You and Joseph should have worked together! You're lucky to still be alive!"

I tried justifying my actions. "Ma'am, with all due respect. He killed Master Loggins! I wasn't about to let-!" I was cut off by Lisa Lisa raising her hand "Be that as it may. You were reckless." She paused, her expression calming as she said.

"But, while your actions were reckless. You also demonstrated great bravery, cunning and tenacity. Using the Pillar Man's own Mode to generate more steam was clever and admirable. For that, you have earned both my praise and respect." I nodded my head, responding "Thank you Master."

It was now, I chose to ask "Esidisi, is he gone? For good?" I noticed right away that both Joseph and Caesar seemed to shuffle a bit, Messina's face twitched and Lisa Lisa's expression didn't change. It was Joseph who spoke, no surprise there.

"Weeelllll..." He began. "So, you managed to destroy Esidisi's body. But somehow his brain survived and attached itself to me and followed me inside, it THEN latched on to Lisa  Lisa's servant Suzie Q who I was having a nice old chat with. It took control of her but we were able finally take him down without any harm coming to Suzie Q herself. Did that make sense?"

For a second I felt bad, I remembered Suzie Q from when I first arrived here. She was kind, if not a bit air-headed. She didn't deserve to be caught up in all this. I scowled before muttering. "Damn, if only I'd managed to finish him."

Caesar assured me "Hey, don't concern yourself with that. He's dead now, now we just need-..." He trailed off for a moment, I knew there was something that I wasn't being told. Lisa Lisa instructed both them and Messina. "Make sure you're all ready, we'll leave within the hour."

Without question, all three departed leaving Lisa Lisa stood there. She wasted no time asking "Can you stand?" I responded first, "I don't know, haven't tried." Before giving it a go. Slowly, I moved my legs around.

As they touched the floor, I took a moment to compose myself before pushing up off the bed. I must have been out for a while as it took me a second before finally, I managed to gain my balance and stood upright. 

Lisa Lisa simply said "Good." I chose now to press the matter. "Forgive me Master, but what is this about? Why is everyone hurrying?" Lisa Lisa sighed, her expression faltered a bit before she explained what Joseph had not.

"While Esidisi was manipulating Suzie Q's actions, he stole something very important. A red stone, one that possesses great power on the surface, to absorb and refract light many times, making it already a dangerous weapon. However the true danger lies within."

I stated "Aja?" Lisa Lisa nodded before holding up a small photograph, it showcased a stone which I instantly recognized, I'd seen that very stone many times in Straizo's possession. I pointed out "That stone, I recognize it."

Lisa Lisa explained "Yes, I received it from Straizo some time ago, for protection. However now it is gone, it cannot be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. I've had Messina look into postal transport records to try and trace it, we need to intercept and retrieve the stone."

So, that was it. It took me a moment to comprehend what had been told to me. Lisa Lisa stated in her original serious tone "We are leaving within the hour, I wanted to check on your condition to see if you were fit to join us, since you seem to be mostly suitable for action, get yourself ready." 

With that, she turned and made her way towards the door, closing it behind her and leaving me to my thoughts. It still took time to wrap my head around what I'd been told. 

Esidisi's survival and subsequent demise, the missing stone. What was its 'true' power?

Timeskip...

"Switzerland?! Are Kars and Wammu there?!" Caesar exclaimed.

Messina nodded before explaining "I just checked. A cargo train from Switzerland left ten minutes ago." Joseph looked up and declared "The stone has to be on that train! We have to beat that train to Saint Mortiz!" I said "Beating a train hmm? Sounds like time is of the essence. I'm in."

Lisa Lisa instructed us all "To prevent that stone from falling into the wrong hands, we might have to do some dirty work. We might break the law, some of us may end up dead." To this, Joseph declared "I won't." Caesar added "I wasn't prepared before, but I won't lose now." I also added "I made some mistakes dealing with Esidisi, mistakes I have learned from and won't repeat again." Lastly, Messina stated "I'll eradicate them! 

We all got in the car, I'll admit, it was kind of uncomfortable being sandwiched between Lisa Lisa and Messina, the latter of which was very large and took up a lot of space. Lisa Lisa eyed each of us one by one before instructing "Caesar!"

Caesar responded "Right. We're out of here!" The car roared into the life and drove away, I looked down and began trying to calm my nerves. We were after the Aja stone, but so were the two remaining Pillar Men. I barely defeated Esidisi, there was no telling how dangerous these two would be.

My thoughts were cut off by Joseph calling back. "Hey Suzie Q! Look over here!" This caused her to turn back to face us. She'd come to see us off and considering she'd been the victim of Esidisi's control, she seemed quite healthy. 

Joseph yelled back to her "This is goodbye Suzie Q! But I'll be back in Venice one day!" She called out excitedly "Really?!" Joseph assured "Yeah, heal those ugly wounds before then!" I let out a laugh before saying. "HA! Quite the charmer Joseph."

With the final goodbyes, we finally had chance to speed away. Suzie Q called after us "JoJo! You just make sure you come back here in one piece!" Joseph shot back "Don't get pushy, you may be an old lady first, but I'll return!"

As we drove I heard him once again assure her, this time possibly to himself. "I'll be back soon." I wasn't really paying attention now though, my joking mood had subsided. Now replaced with a feeling of dread.

Dread for whatever awaited us in Switzerland...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I really hope you enjoyed it and as always, thank you for reading.