𝟏𝟕

not proofread

CHAPTER 17: THERE WILL ALWAYS BE EYES

CHAPTER 17:
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE EYES

angel gnaws at her bottom lip, pondering her conversation with albedo

angel gnaws at her bottom lip, pondering her conversation with albedo. although she is staring off into the distance of thick snow and glaciers, her train of thoughts circulated elsewhere. could her delusion truly be the reason for the trail of hearts she paves? it's possible yet she doesn't want to believe it.

speaking of albedo, he stood at the entrance of the camp with his gaze settled onto the vixen. he doesn't deny that he's been observing angel for far more than needed. every flick of her ears, blink of her eyesㅡ even the shape of her thighs through the thin layer of fabric from beneath her dress. of course, these are but mere observations. albedo has no intentions of interpreting the information as explicit.

"i believe the traveler and paimon are going to wake up soon" he approaches.

angel flinches from her spot, turning to him with wide eyes and lips pressed into a thin line in an attempt to hide her shriek. "i is that so?" she grazes her hands over her puffed up tail, a sheepish look casting over her surprise. "time felt so fast."

"what's got your mind so occupied?" albedo cocks a brow, folding his hands behind his back. he couldn't help the way his pupils would just scan her from head to toe. it's instinct at this point.

angel blinks her pretty eyes a couple of times before turning to look at the camp, trailing her hand up to her elbowㅡ wrapping an arm around herself to hide her undefined feelings for him.

"does your... counterpart have a comfort abode of his own?"

oh? how curious. this only intrigues albedo. who would worry about a potential threat? she has fallen victim to the other albedo's malice so.. why worry? he observed that angel's morals are not aligned with that of a stable person, adding the fact that she's been mentally raised by fatui harbingers no less. perhaps that's what they found entertaining about her, kept her alive long enough for their own pleasures.