𝟏𝟏

not proofread

CHAPTER 11: TRAVELER

AETHER CARRIES THE GIRL OUT OF THE THICK FOREST, sighing at the distance of the city compared to their current location. he cannot use any more of his time or his mission would falter.

aether looks down at the unconscious maiden, her breathing was gentle as she lays comfortably on his arms. just.. who is she? why would the fatui be after such a fragile-looking girl? aether doesn't question it any longer, searching for nearby residency he could just leave her at. far enough from any trouble.

an abyss mage hovers beside him, "young prince, we mustn't take any longer! just leave her here."

"speak again and i will have you lose what ever hold you have on life" aether did not look back, his tone stern as he continued to travel down a path towards dawn winery.

"fate destines you to my sister," he places her down on one of the crates just outside the gate. "and we shall meet again some other day" aether lifts his hand towards her face to remove the dirt from her cheeks. he debated on taking off his scarf to wrap around her, seeing as the the night's breeze was not so kind.

but there wasn't much time left when light started to glow from a far, a figure walking up to the winery. aether looks back at the girl one last time before disappearing into the night's shadows, leaving no trace of his presence.

"miss?" a young gentleman calls out, in a state of suspicion as to why a stranger lay on a pile of crates by his home. he has ruby-colored hair in contrast with the serenity of the night, his approach slow and quiet.

when she did not respond but turned her body to the side, her back facing himㅡ he hovers the lamp towards them and finally sees the stains of crimson on the white fabric of her dress. without thinking, he swoops her in his arms and carries her inside the manor.