7 - Injured

Was gonna name this one "Kiss it better" but then I thought about it and a lot of these wounds should not or can not really be kissed better.

Thanks for your patience btw! I've been working on your requests + dealing with a lot of schoolwork from when I was sick.

Warly and Winona are officially part of the book! If you wanna re-read chapters, they're now featured in every chapter!

Wilson
——————
Wilson would rival Wes in injuries if it weren't for the fact he's more sturdier than the mime. Because woo boy, he's no stranger to his fair share of experiments blowing up in his face. Though, this time he struts in, he's sporting a crooked, bruised nose with blood dribbling from it. Safe to say, you're concerned, but unsurprised.

"It's nothing, you should've seen the other guy!" He says as you cradle his face. The guy he is referring to is the koalaphant Wigfrid and Wendy took down, which had rammed itself at him and broke his nose.

Wickerbottom has fixed the scientist's nose many times before, so Wilson sits complacently as she fixes it up. It makes a sick cracking nose and Wilson shrieks for a moment, squeezing your hand hard, and then he's all bandaged up and you're dabbing away the blood, kissing his cheek.

It's a perfected routine.

Willow
——————
You know Willow. Fire is her whole thing, so you've never worried about her first love causing her any harm. It's actually fire's estranged, colder cousin you worry about. Most notably, when her fingers start to turn blue while you're away from camp collecting firewood. You pull her in the moment she mentions angrily that she can't feel her hands.

Willow shivers violently against your frame, leaning most of her weight onto you. Even with all the layers she has on, the wind cuts through it. Your body heat does little. Her fingers are stiff and unmoving. She hisses and complains about how "this sucks!" a bunch, and you can hear her teeth chattering.

Naturally, this panics you, and you do the only thing you can think of that might help; you light up a tree and let the flames engulf the firestarter, standing back a safe distance from the fire, of course. And it takes a bit, but soon Willow is warm and back to her bright-eyed and bushy-tailed-self. Now to do that five more times on the way home...

Wolfgang
——————
If you think any injury would bother the Mighty Wolfgang, you're sorely mistaken. It barely phases him to get most injuries, having grown up on a farm and having been in the Constant so long. Sure, he gets nervous about cuts getting infected and such, but he knows how to handle it. No need to fret over him!

Still, Wolfgang has his moments. Especially when the world has worn his mind down and he has begun to see things that hunt him down. More than once, the terrorbeaks and crawling horrors have taken bites out of him, and that's enough to send him into a panic. He can fight them off, but as soon as he does he's scurrying off to you or Wickerbottom for help.

And of course, you always fix up his wounds, no matter the cause. When it comes to injuries like these, you always make him sit by a sisturn with a nice hat, or make him drink a vegetable stinger and go take a long rest. He's always grateful to you for making the shadows go away.

Wickerbottom
——————
Wickerbottom rarely gets injured, at least physically. But even someone as hyper aware as the librarian has slip ups, especially when forgetting to check the gardens for weeds. It's her strangely calm "Goodness, our garden seems to have quite an aggressive weed problem." that lets you know what's happened.

As soon as you whip your head around, you see her trapped by thorny weeds in the middle of the garden. It takes a few tries but eventually the weeds let her go, and you notice instantly her skirt is slightly ripped and her legs appear to be bleeding. She grimaces at it as you help her to the camp hub.