Chapter 11: Presenting another Sketch

Start from the beginning

“I heard she’s an interim in your company now” he stated without looking up from his coffee...and added...

"You'll be seeing her more often" he dropped the coffee on the side table.

“And what about it? That doesn’t change anything besides it’s just for six months” I spat at once

"One day is enough to turn everything around not to talk of Six months Amico"he clicked his tongue and squinted his eyes facing me squarely

"Now you're starting to sound like a counsellor" I retorted dryly

" Nothing is going to happen aside from business!" I added in a shrieked tone before he could say anything.

“Hey calm down man” he said and laughed. I frowned...

“What’s funny?”

“You!” he said as I furrowed my brows.

“what ?”

“Like I said, you need to see yourself. You still feel something for this girl.” He smirked casually

“Yeah hatred” I said and clenched my fist  then he shook his head

“It’s bigger than that amico. Like a fire burning inside of you” he said poking my chest as I felt irritated the more.

“I can see the coffee is affecting your bain… in fact I’m getting late for the board…” a knock interrupted us

“Come in”

“It’s time for the board meeting Sir...” Ms. Rennes said as I nodded my head briefly picking up my Tablet just then Lucca hands stopped me abruptly

“Talk to her” he said and with that I left without responding back to him.

AT THE CONFERENCE ROOM

  "Good morning everyone and I hope you’ll like my new design”  She said without looking away from the presentation slide.

I looked up to see what she got for us.

My eyes settled on the sketch which was really beautiful I mean I imagined how it would be when turned to a dress.

I glanced briefly at her but her face was still glued to the screen.  She's indeed talented but I wasn't going to give her that satisfaction.

“Oh my God! This is so amazing and fascinating, I mean if this is just a sketch, how will the dress be!” Mr. Molotov commented as I shrieked my face.

“This is really beautiful I must say” Ms. Collins said with a bright smile.

“I’m sure the market value on this dress would be high” Ms. Naldini said

“To be honest, you’re talented more than the way it was said” Mr. Johnson commended

“The first sketch and this are both lovely… that I don’t even know which one to go with” Mr. West stated and she smiled muttering ‘thank you’

“Mr. Alcantara? ” Trust Molotov not to seek for my own opinion as everyone eyes settled on mine.

I looked at her briskly as she quickly averted her eyes away and said “get another sketch! I want it ready before this Wednesday!” I don’t know why I said that because this sketch was damn good but I wanted to see how far she’ll go.

Everyone held shocked expressions on their faces.

“Are you for real Mr. Alcantara” this bastard still have the gut to repeat my name again today.

“Did I joke with you yesterday Molotov?” I countered throwing him deathly glares before focusing my eyes back on my tablet.

“Is that all?” I asked irately

“yyyes” she said barely audible.

“Then we’re dismissed!” I stated firmly and left the conference room with Ms Rennes trailing after me.

“Sir concerning the two sketches…”

“What about it?” I cut her off

“Uhmm what should I do with them?” she asked wearily

“You’re smarter than this” I said

“Sir?” she replied confused “I should dump them?” she added then I stopped abruptly as she almost collided with me.

“Ms Rennes, just because I said she should get another one doesn’t mean those ones are bad. Keep everything! I’ll ask for them soon.” I said as she looked at me in a surprised manner.

Well it’s true, I’m making use of all her designs but I won’t let her know of the plans yet.

Getting to my office, I sat on my big leather chair and stared at the loads of work on my mahogany desk. I heaved a sigh and closed my eyes briefly before getting back to my work.

Hours had passed when a knock came through!

“Come in”  I knew it was Ivan my bodyguard since no one could enter my office this late because the last appointment I can have with a client is at 5:00 pm.

I checked my watch and realized that it’s past 8pm. I shrugged my shoulder because I didn’t know it was that late.

“Boss...”

“Stefano!” I corrected and he chuckled.

He’s so stubborn! I’ve warned him severally to not to call me boss when we’re alone because he’s more than that to me.

“The building is empty right?” I asked trying to round up my work and placing them back in the locker because I make sure the securities lock up the company before I leave.

“Not exactly” he said then I raised my eyes at him

“What do you mean?”

“The Securities put off the whole light tho but room 109 light is still on” he said then I gave him this “ and?” look

“I think someone is still in the building” he said then I checked my watch again … it’s 8:55 pm and work closes at most 6:pm so who could the person be? 

The last time I checked, only the secretary and I are permitted to stay on this floor.

“109? Is that room not on this floor?” I said again then he nodded avoiding my gaze.

What’s wrong with him? I stood up to the door and walk through the silent corridor to room 109 and indeed the light was still on.

I opened the door ready to savage the person for keeping the securities from doing their job but I couldn’t find anyone inside, I walked around the office until I felt my leg hit something hard on the floor

“What the hell?”  I looked down only to realize that it’s an human not object lying on the floor unconscious.

I moved closer to get better a view of the person... no way… Bianca… I rushed down to her side and picked her up.

“Bi- Ms. Bennett --- Bennett” I kept shaking her to wake up

“Boss let me help you” Ivan offered as I tried to lift her up to the hospital.

“No it’s fine, I can do it” I said then he smiled leaving me to wonder what was funny.

But I didn’t have that time as I rushed her to the hospital.

Getting inside the hospital, the doctor and few nurses came to my side to receive the patient and told me to sign some documents which I didn’t hesitate to do.

I watched them as they dragged her to the emergency room.

“You cannot die not especially without my permission” I muttered quietly as I felt tears forming in my eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hi lovelies... I hope you enjoyed this update? I have test tomorrow but because of the love I have for you all ... I couldn't not dare miss an update...wish me luck guys 😍

Please don't forget to follow, Vote, comment and even share with your friends...

Love you, Ria🍒