2.24

。

。.✦ ☾

Baelon's Chambers.

。.✦ ☾

Aemond slept peacefully beside Baelon, his chest completely bare except for the marks that covered him. His chest rose and fell with every breath he took, his head tilted towards Baelon, with his hair splayed across the fur-covered pillow. His eye patch was still firmly around his eye. He looked especially debauched ever since they continued on last night's activities until the peak of dawn.

Baelon couldn't help but watch him sleep, admiring him. He looked gorgeous as the moonlight reflected against his pale skin, causing him to glow, almost ethereal-like.

He looked like a god, like the ones he had worshipped as a child.

Baelon looked up when he felt something wet sliding down his face, but there was nothing. He reaches up and touches his face, pulling it back to see blood covering his fingers.

Baelon throws the blankets off him, walking naked to his bath, closing the door behind him. He grabs a small mirror he kept beside the tub.

The blood was coming from his nose. Baelon coughs a bit, the blood hitting his throat. "Fuck." He curses

That fucking witch.

....

Aemond's singular eye blinks open and he looks to his side and he notes the missing form of his lover. Aemonds brow wrinkled in concern, sitting up.

He pushes back the sheets from his lap, reaching over and grabbing his trousers. After he pulls them past his hips, he pads over to the bath. Aemond lifts a hand and he goes to open the door, but something is blocking it.

"Baelon?" Aemond calls out, he wants to join him. "In a moment." He replies

Aemond huffs, turning and walking away from the door, he makes his way towards Baelon's desk, admiring the woodwork as he waits.

A map catches his eye, he smiles, remembering the amount of time Baelon had spent drawing, always mapping out the castle, he wanted to discover every corner and every hidden door. It seemed like he had finished it.

Aemond unravels it, his eyes taking in the line work, they were sharp and perfect. His fingers hit a second piece of paper that was tucked into the corner of the map.

Aemond looks over his shoulder to make sure Baelon hasn't left the bath.

The paper unravels to reveal a drawing of Maegor, and Helaena. Something dark passes over Aemonds face. He pushes the drawing to the side, riffling through Baelon's desk. He comes across a letter with a seal from the north.

He silently begins reading it.

'Rumors of you have been whispered among the north, of your particular taste. In that, we are the same. But unfortunately, it isolates us from the rest of the world. How miserable it must be to hide yourself from your wife, from your family. In that I understand. I hope that you agree to my terms and maybe we might celebrate at a later date. I will make the iron throne yours, I will help destroy the usurpers, that is a promise.

Cregan, the Wolf of the north.'

The letter crumbles in his fist, his eyes are dark and wild.

Aemond whirls around, but before he can slam open the door, he's met face to face with Baelon. He looked miserable. "Aemond." Baelon whispers, his eyes moving to the crumbled-up letter in his hand.

"Was this all a ploy?! Was sleeping with me all a trick?!" Aemond asks, holding the letter up in a tight fist. Baelon swallows harshly, still very much naked.

"Aemond, please, understand." Baelon breathes, but Aemond's reaction doesn't give him time to explain. Aemond roars and he turns, grabbing the desk and throwing it down the floor, everything goes flying.

Baelon doesn't let himself flinch, but his throat tightens.

"How could you Baelon! After everything! Haven't I given you enough!" Aemond yells "You have! But you need to understand the position I am in! I'm the firstborn son of our future queen! And those with power would want to dethrone her before she even has a chance to touch that seat, I didn't have a choice." Baelon says

Aemond scoffs, rolling his eye, which was welling with tears, tears that he held back. "What was the point of sleeping with me? To hurt me? To get me to fall to my knees for your bloody mother." Aemond asks, a sneer pressed against his lips.

Baelon shakes his head, slowly approaching him. "Please Aemond, I never wanted to hurt you." Baelon breathes "Oh really?! And what of this wolf of the north?! He seems to understand that you will win the throne and then fuck at its feet. I don't understand Baelon....make me understand?" Aemond asks, this time he's the one approaching.

Baelon can feel the words stuck in his throat, "You call me a bastard every chance you get, shouldn't that be enough to understand why I fight for my family." Baelon says

Aemond scoffs, he couldn't believe him. "And in doing so, you destroy mine." Aemond sneers "I need you to leave." Aemond whispers almost resigned. "Get out of my room." Aemond orders

"Aemond." Baelon whispers, he wanted to say that this was his room, but he can't, not when he can't even properly defend himself.

Baelon always loved Aemond, and he never stopped loving him. But for a moment he thought he could, he thought he could push those feelings aside to play a greater game. He did it all in the name of family.

Now he's destroying himself and he was ruining Aemond.

Before Baelon could say anything, Aemond turned and he grabbed his shirt and left the room, his hair moving behind him gracefully, as if Baelon hadn't tugged on it just mere hours ago.

Baelon swallows roughly, eyes wet and filled with emotion.

Baelon stumbles to his desk, grasping at its end. He curses under his breath, his arms softly trembling. "My love." A voice whispers

Baelon turns and he meets his wife's gaze as she enters the room. She wore a sheer shaw over her nightgown. "I just saw Aemond rush out of here, thank the seven he wasn't spotted by anyone else." Arianne whispers softly, placing a hand on his naked back.

Baelon smiles weakly, leaning his head onto her shoulder. "I've made a Royal mess of things." Baelon whispers

Arianne freezes, placing a hand on her stomach. "How royally?" Arianne asks "he read a letter from the Lord of the north. He knows Arianne." Baelon mumbles

"Baelon, you've never written anything down, yes he read a letter from Cregan, but what does he really know?" Arianne asks

Baelon sighs deeply, "I've done nothing to defend myself, so he knows I used him." Baelon mumbles, he was using him, in the beginning. Aemond had ruined his childhood, he hated him for years, but looking at him now, it all dissipated.

"You love him." Arianne asks

Baelon doesn't answer, moving and grabbing his trousers from the floor beside his bed, and putting them on. "We don't have time for love, and as much as it hurts me, you and the others matter more." Baelon says

Arianne sighs, her eyebrows coming up in concern and sadness. She hates that he does this. "Baelon." She whispers, she goes to touch his arm but he moves away, he shakes his head. "Go back to Reckon, Arianne. Thank you for worrying." He whispers