1.4

。

。.✦ ☾

Kingslanding

。.✦ ☾

Baelon freshly cleaned stands beside his open bedroom window, his hair moving with the wind. His eyes closed as he takes in the sounds of the city. He felt like a dragon trapped within the walls of a cell. Suddenly there was a soft knock at his bedroom door, startling him out of his thoughts.

He turns to the amber doors. The guards usually open the door after announcing themselves, but there is no movement.

Baelon makes his way over, just dressed in his slacks and a white tunic, unlike his brothers who were dressed in a night dress. He reaches over and he opens the large door. He meets soft violet eyes, similar to his own. "Helaena?" Baelon breathes surprised, not used to seeing her away from her bugs. Helaena doesn't answer, softly pushing past him.

"Princess this is quite inappropriate, especially coming without an escort." Baelon states, following after her as she paces around the room. "We are fine, we're kids, what do they expect us to do?" Helaena asks, her voice airy and far away. 

"I am still a boy, Helaena. They expect the worst from me, especially your mother. I wouldn't want anything ruining your reputation." Baelon says "Mother would never let that happen, even if she values your ruin above all." Helaena says

Baelon sighs, leaning against his bed frame. "Why are you here Laena?" Baelon asks, using the nickname he gave her when he was six. Helaena smiles. "Soon we are to be familiar nephew." Helaena states, her face no longer carrying a welcoming smile, despite her carefree mind, she knew the weight of her words. "But we are familiar, we are family." Baelon says

"Yes we are, but Mother plans to marry me off, and Father has mentioned your name once or twice." Helaena says, admitting to spying on her mother.

Baelon feels a sharp inhale stuck in his throat, and turns away from his aunt. He's only ten. He never thought of having a wife, he hadn't even fancied a girl before. "Oh." Baelon breathes "I do hope it's you, if it's not you then it's Aegon, and he's an animal of a man." Helaena says, bluntly.

Baelon loved his aunt, she's the only one out of the Hightower lot he can truly stand. But to marry her? Maybe it would be for the best, who else would he marry? The Targaryens love to keep it in the family. "It would be my honor to marry you Helaena, but please do not pressure yourself into wanting me as a husband." Baelon answers, stepping towards her.

Helaena smiles kindly, gently taking his hands into hers.

"I know I'm too young to think such things, to be worried, but I worry about my future if it's in the hands of my brother. Aegon looks at me as if I'm nothing, and I know you are kind and respectful. You will protect me." Helaena says