1.6

。

。.✦ ☾

Kingslanding

。.✦ ☾

Baelon couldn't be there when his mother and brothers had to say goodbye to Harwin. He couldn't take the pain in their faces, not when he felt like screaming at them. He couldn't accept it.

The young Prince sat alone on his bed, his room quiet and covered in a layer of darkness. Baelon didn't notice the hidden door along the wall, popping open.

He did notice when the cushion dipped beside him, he looked up and he met violet eyes, darker and more vibrant than his. "What are you doing here?" Baelon asks, looking away. He couldn't meet Aemond's gaze, not when he was part of the reason he was losing his father. But the longer he was in his presence the closer he felt to forgiving him.

Aemond swallows harshly, he was never good with consoling others. But Baelon was always different, he was his friend. Everything with the brunette was easy and better.

"I need to-" Aemond stops himself, unable to form the words to apologize. But the blond Targaryen knew he needed to. He couldn't lose Baelon, or he would be left with nothing. Baelon eventually stops his stuttering, placing a small hand on top of Aemond's. Their eyes met in a warm exchange, no malice in the dark-haired male's gaze. "Thank you." Baelon whispers, appreciating the attempt, but he knows it would still take time to truly forgive him.

He could never stay mad at Aemond, it was his fatal flaw. But he needed Aemond just as much, despite the rift growing between them.

Aemond looks down at their interlaced hands, his heart jumping to his throat. His stomach fills itself with warmth. His cheeks turned a soft red.

The two sit side by side in silence, their hands settled in between the two. Baelon ignored the butterflies in his stomach, just enjoying the moment.

....

The next day.

Aemond silently and quickly reached Baelon's chambers, in his hands was a pouch of lemon cakes, hoping to have breakfast with Baelon and then convince him to take out their horses for a ride.

Just as he reaches the doors, he hears Baelon's voice, arguing with someone. "I can not leave mother!!!" Baelon exclaims, his voice shrill and childlike.

"Baelon." Rhaenyra's soft voice pleads, her voice warm and quiet, trying to console her young son.

"No! I have everything here! My life! My future! You can not do this to me!" Baelon yells, the strain in his voice obvious. "I understand my sweet boy, but the matter has been settled, we must go. We are no longer welcome here, we should've been on Dragonstone ages ago." Rhaenyra says