2.10

A/N: Hold tight ya'll.

。

。.✦ ☾

Kingslanding.

。.✦ ☾

Aemond stood alone on an open terrace, staring down at the sandy dunes. His mind was restless, he wanted to be out on Vhagar and not stuck here, in the lifeless castle.

Nothing seemed to change here. But ever since he came, something shifted.

The Blond prince felt his presence before he heard him, making him smirk. "You always did seem to bring a presence to every room you enter." Aemond states, he kept any emotion from his voice.

Baelon softly chuckles, no real humor behind the laugh. "I'll take that as a compliment." Baelon says, pausing for a brief moment. "It's truly been years since we last met, old friend." Baelon says, stepping beside him, placing his hand on the railing, his hair blowing softly against the wind. He said those words carelessly as if they held no real meaning. Aemond scoffs. "Friend." He sneers, shaking his head.

Baelon turns to him, his eyes taking in the side of his face. "We were friends, or I'd like to believe so. I mean what friend would forgive someone for every snide remark, of every transgression? I may have been naive and foolish to forgive you so easily, but you were my friend." Baelon states, turning to him with a hard look in his eyes.

"Is that how you saw it, when you kissed and whispered into my sister's ear? When you broke my trust and my confidence. Or when you helped your brother in cutting out my eye!" Aemond sneers, finally turning to Baelon, his remaining eye-catching the scar on his cheek. Memories of that night came to him like a living nightmare.

Ever since that night, he can only recall Baelons screams, of his own.

Baelon keeps a straight face. "Is that truly how you see it? That I betrayed you? Ha, I had loved you Aemond." Baelon admits, his eyes briefly shifting, he kept himself honest, he knew it was no use in lying, not to Aemond.

The confession startled Aemond, his whole body stiffening. His blood running cold.

"When I was a kid, I worshipped the ground you walked on, nothing you did could ever get me to hate you. Helaena wanted her first kiss with me, not with her brother or some strange man. I get that it's too late, but I don't want your forgiveness." Bealon states, his eyes meeting Aemonds. His voice falls to a small whisper. "I am here for my family. And all I want is for us to be civil." Baelon states

Aemond scoffs, his hands tightening around the metal railing, forcing himself to look away. "Y-you are cruel, beyond cruel. How dare you confess something so vile and yet you want me to forget about it." Aemond scoffs, turning to meet his gaze.

Baelon stares at him, placing his hands on top of the railing, "I don't need you to forget Aemond." Baelon states. Suddenly, Aemond pushes off the railing, striding over, but stopping just in front of him. Despite the cold wind running through their hair, they never felt warmer. The tension fills the air with heat.