39

Contains: mentions of self h*rm

Yunho got into his car and drove off. He tried his best to hold back his tears so he could see. He just wished there was just one time that his family could get together and not fight. He was starting to think it was all his fault. Why couldn't he pretend for one more second? Just pretend that everything was okay. He stopped the car. He couldn't stop crying he could barely see the road.

He saw his phone vibrate from the corner of his eye. It was Mingi. Part of him was happy that Mingi was calling but he didn't want Mingi to hear him like this. He tried his best to hold back his tears so he wouldn't sound miserable. He answered the phone.

"Hey babe." Mingi greeted.

"Hey.." Yunho said plainly his voice a little scratchy.

"Are you okay? You didn't answer any texts." Mingi asked.

"I was with family." Yunho replied. He did tell Mingi that he would be with family.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry. I do remember you saying something like that.." Mingi apologized.

"Yeah."

"What's wrong?"

Yunho sighed, "nothing I just.. don't like my family."

"Is that why you sound upset?" Mingi asked softly.

"Yeah we just fought and.." Yunho's words trailed off. He felt the knot in his throat.

"Yunho?" Mingi said after the phone got quiet.

"I'm sorry.." Yunho said softly.

Mingi could tell Yunho wanted to cry. "Can I pick you up?"

Yunho pulled himself together again and shook his head. "No.. but I can come over there."

They eventually hung up the phone and Yunho drove to Mingi's place. He was so happy he had Mingi. Normally he'd be crying alone.

He got to Mingi's house and knocked on the door. Mingi opened the door. He smiled softly and hugged Yunho. Yunho hugged back burying his face in Mingi's chest.

"My poor baby~" he cooed and kissed Yunho's head. "Let's come inside. Do you wanna lay down?"

Yunho only nodded in response.

"Okay let's cuddle." Mingi led Yunho to his room and they cuddled together. Yunho began to tell Mingi what happened.

"Damn Yunho I'm so sorry your family treats you like that. I can understand why you'd hate family gatherings." Mingi said gently running his fingers through Yunho's hair.

"Yeah.. I sorta regret leaving the house though.. it's my fault that everything went bad today. I just can't stand my parents pretending everything's normal." Yunho explained.

"Well maybe it is your fault. Maybe you did cause a fight. But who fucking cares? That was the right thing to do. Your parents have been hiding shit for years, and so what if you were the one to say it? You did the right thing regardless of the consequences. That's really admirable." Mingi said causing Yunho to cheer up.

"I guess you're right." Yunho said smiling a little.

"I am right." Mingi corrected him ruffling yunhos hair.

"Okay okay you are right." Yunho laughed a little.

"Now give me a kiss." Mingi said cupping yunhos face.

Yunho blushed and kissed Mingi on the lips. They had laid in bed together for a while. Mingi had fallen asleep. Yunho laid quietly. Every once in a while his phone would light up from his mom or brother trying to call. He didn't answer. He suddenly saw it was Jongho who called. He got up and answered the phone.

"Jongho?" He answered cringing a bit at how his voice sounded after crying.

"Yunho are you okay? Your mom said-" Jongho started.

"I know I know.. Jongho I'm okay. I'm just at Mingi's house." Yunho interrupted.

Jongho was quiet for a bit. "Oh okay. Hmph you scare me sometimes. You can't just run from home."

Yunho smiled. It felt good to know Jongho really cared. "Sorry. I just didn't want mom to follow me. You know she will... don't tell her where I am.."

"As long as you don't hurt yourself." Jongho pouted. "I'm sure mingi is taking care of you."

"Yeah. He's actually asleep right now." Yunho smiled looking at Mingi. "But don't worry I'll take care."

"Good. You'd better." Jongho said.

Yunho laughed and they hung up. Yunho wiped the tears from his eyes. Suddenly Mingi got up.

"Huh? Yunho? I fell asleep.." he sat up and hugged Yunho. "Are you okay?"

Yunho laughed a little. "Yeah Jongho called to check on me. I guess my mom was telling all my business again."

"Oh.." Mingi said rubbing his eyes.

"You look so tired. Poor thing." He said patting Mingi's head.

-

Jongho hung up the phone. He placed his phone down and stared at the wall. He was glad Yunho was okay. He sniffled and wiped the tears he had in his own eyes. He was so worried about Yunho.

He always felt so bad for him. He wished Yunho could have had a happier childhood and parents. He has always had a hard time in his life.

Jongho looked down. He wiped his face wincing a bit feeling his salty tears go down his arm. He jumped hearing the door open. It was only wooyoung.

"I'm back." Wooyoung said walking in. He never knocks.

Jongho sighed. "Welcome back." He said.

"What? Did I scare you?" Wooyoung laughed a bit.

"Yeah a little I wasn't paying attention.." Jongho said softly.

Wooyoung gasped, "Is that.. blood?" he said referring to a rag in Jongho's room.

Jongho quickly grabbed the rag. "It's nothing I just-" he thought of an excuse. "Had a nose bleed."

"That's a lot of blood Jongho." Wooyoung said confused.

"Yeah I'm fine though." He said and went to the bathroom.

"What are you sniffing? cocaine?" He heard Wooyoung tease.

Jongho sighed and shook his head. At least wooyoung bought it. He turned on the sink then rolled up his sleeve.

____________________________________________________

I know I disappear forever. But here's another chapter. These next ones will be more emotional.

Thanks for reading!