Prologue

Six people sat around an oaken table in Lostrona's Elemental Chamber, discussing the upcoming--and dangerous--problem that had been wreaking havoc on the city:

Felport's new and underground rebellion group, The Defiance.

The table was a semi-circle, with a magic circle glowing light blue in the center. Starting clockwise from the left, the Elemental Six magicians sat, and on each of their shoulders laid a cloak colored of their element.

Colton, Stella, Jasmine, Lyra, Ian, and Chase. Water, Air, Earth, Dark, Fire, and Light. All of them needed to lead Esrar and to guide them through the terrifying times ahead.

Above them as they argued sat a girl with a silky, blue dress. She muttered something, obviously annoyed, and snapped her fingers.

A gust of wind swept through the group below and they stopped talking. They looked around, at first accusingly at Stella, before looking up as they heard the familiar chime of bells.

Aria floated down, her legs crossed. "Really? You've been here for almost half a day, and still no solution?" she snapped, looking disappointedly to each Six member.

"We are trying our best, Aria, but it would be helpful if you could get something from Mother Gaia again," Lyra spoke, and each of the Six nodded.

Aria sighed. "I can ask her, but don't expect anything easier than the last time you asked her," she warned.

The Six waited, watching Aria disappear. "So, Colton, any bright ideas on how we can win this again?" Lyra snapped sourly, watching Colton's face change from peaceful to angered.

"Do you ever think optimistically? We are The Elemental Six, for Gaia's sake. We are stronger than some damn underground rebellion!"

At this Stella snorted in annoyance. "Just because we are stronger than some 'underground rebellion' does not mean that they do not have the element of surprise on us."

"Stella is right," Ian said. "We still need to be careful, we don't know what can happen. They claim to have spies everywhere, and although it might not be true--"

Both Chase and Jasmine scoffed. "It's true, alright. I've seen," Jasmine motioned to Chase, "and so has he."

"Then they are more dangerous than we thought originally. This is bad," Ian muttered, pushing up his red glasses in thought.

Another gust of wind, and Aria re-appeared. She pushed back her long brown hair and sat in the air. "I have something. It may be helpful, or it may not be, I'm just repeating the words Mother Gaia said."

Everyone nodded and focused on the Air Goddess. She took a breath, making sure everyone's eyes were on her, and she spoke:

"When the boy who has magic in his veins meets a girl with the name of the Moon Goddess, their lives shall be intertwined and spiraled into the roles of student and teacher. However, in the end, it is the girl's choice whether to assist the boy and teach him, to protect Esrar, or to let it lie and go back to living how she was. Her choice will be the defining moment if Esrar is to win, or lose, the upcoming war," she said, her voice seeming to echo around the wooden walls of the chamber.

Ian stood up and Aria turned her head towards the man. "Yes?"

"Miss Aria, are you sure there's no way to stop this?"

Aria shook her head. "I'm sorry, as much as I would like to give you all hope of a peaceful future, there isn't one that I, or Mother Gaia herself, can see in this time. This is all she gave me."

Ian bowed at Aria and sat back down. "Thank you Aria, for all you've done so far."

Aria waved her hand at his formality. "No need to thank me. I love this country just as much as you six do," Aria stared at Jasmine carefully. "Good luck with finding the two," Aria said, disappearing.

Small, wisps floated around and lit the candles on the walls, bringing light back into the chamber. Chase nodded to Ian, and Ian cleared his throat.

"Do we have any idea of who the two could be?" Ian asked, to no avail.

Stella looked up from clipping her paper together to speak. "Could it be Serena, Ian?"

Ian turned his head to Stella, a grim look on his face. It wasn't impossible--but he hoped that his little sister, where ever she was right now, wouldn't have to get involved.

With things turning out how they were, he wouldn't be surprised if she was.