Chapter 18

I didn't know what Sleiph was planning, but I do know one thing: he plans to take down the angels and free the humans from His grasp. Kita and I were escorted to a large chamber where more demon generals were gathering.

"Please welcome our newest generals: Nathan and Kita!" Sleiph shouts, "Since we lost some of our most notorious generals due to the jail break not long ago, I have recruited these Shadowhunters to our cause. I know that you may not take too kindly to Shadowhunters or humans, but as far as their friends and family know, they are demon through and through. I want you all to respect them especially Nathan as he is part of me. The rest of my soul resides in him and that makes him mine. That makes him demon. Kita has seen the true horrors that the angels have caused. She has seen them slaughter her fellow Shadowhunters and know that He should fall. I will be giving them each two legions of demons. We will strike at the heart of Tokyo and reclaim it as our own. There I will build the citadel. The citadel will bring those demons that have long been forgotten. The Forsaken ones will be reborn and they will follow us, the demons of Goetia. Botis take your legions and strike at the barricades that the angels have put up. Ose! You will come with me into battle with Nathan and Kita. The rest of you will see to the construction of the Citadel. Once it is built the angels will be powerless. Everyone move out!"

The room instantly grew still as every demon was gone in a flash. All who remained were Sleiph and Ose. I've heard of Ose before. I read that he is a president of Hell and looks like a leopard. On his back, were twin swords, long and slender. A small cape wound around his neck. Sleiph grabs me and Kita and we flash out of the room. When we appeared out of nowhere, we were at the barricades the angels have put up. Ose appears next to Sleiph after a few moments.

"This is where we will push back into the center of the city." Sleiph explains, "I sense more and more Shadowhunters from around the world are answering the cries of God. We should be able to deal with them quickly. We may even be able to persuade them to our cause. I want everyone to be careful. Don't get caught by the angels or your former friends. To call upon your legions just raise your sword in the air and say 'to me, my demon army.' Now go begin your attacks. Nathan you will stay by my side and Kita you will go with Ose."

Ose grabs Kita and disappears into the throng of the city. Sleiph slowly walks towards a building and begins climbing it.

"This is how I destroyed the famed ones. Once we get to the center of Tokyo, the citadel should be built and from there I will begin the ritual to bring the Forsaken ones back into this world. They will help us bring Him down."

I climbed up the destroyed building. Somehow it stayed standing even though it had hundreds of holes in it. Sleiph and I climbed up the building in perfect stride. His old sword gave me enough energy to keep going. It felt like the sword was always mine. Maybe this is due to the influence of Sleiph's awakened soul withing me.

We reach the top of the building and I look towards the center of the city. The citadel had already been half built, but angels swarmed the demons working on it and the demons were losing too many. The other generals of Goetia were trying their best to defend their army and the citadel against the onslaught of the angels.

"Once the Forsaken ones enter this world," Sleiph says jumping to the next building, "His messenger and protector of humanity will descend. Once we defeat him, He will know of our power and will leave you alone. When we win this war, the world will no longer need Shadowhunters for as long as I am the leader of the demons, I will leave this world alone. Only when the angels try to convert you back to the His followers, that's when we will appear and help the humans once again. I hope that will be a long time from now. This world has already seen Hell."

I jump next to Sleiph and unsheathe both my swords. Angels had noticed us and were heading our way. Sleiph took a step back and waved me forward. I step forward and unleashed a wave of blades that caught the angels off guard. They fall to the ground cut in half. I look at the blades in disbelief. How did I do that?

"Ah the powers that used to be mine are beginning to awaken. You will be the most powerful demon after me. Even if you look and act like a human, you are becoming more and more of a demon with each passing minute. Come we must continue. This is only a small force of the angel's army. Expect more."

We jump from building to building until we reach the almost finished citadel. I was surprised that it only took a few minutes to build the citadel. Then I look down and see thousands if not millions of demons working to finish it.

"I will make sure that the angels will not harry us any more by creating a shield of pure demon blood. Even Metatron can't get past that."

Sleiph begins chanting in an ancient language and an aura began to emit from his body. The aura was the darkest that I've ever seen. It spread out until it covered the entire center of Tokyo. The angels caught in the dark aura became corrupted and hovered in front of Sleiph.

"We now serve you, Dark Master."

*****

I flew over Tokyo, dispatching any demons I could. Taking on Acquila was beginning to become easier and easier as I got used to so much energy being taken away. I sense that Sleiph entered the world and felt his power growing with each passing second. I look towards the center of the city and see that the angels have stopped their attack. A dark shield protected whatever was inside. That must be where Sleiph is gathering his army. This body should be powerful enough to take down the shield. I take out my sword and climb to the center of the shield and dive down it. The battle between good and evil truly begins now!