Chapter 11

*****From POV of Yamato Takeru****

I get up and stretch my limbs. Sleiph is too powerful to defeat him in the spiritual form. Tenkai and Koga Saburo were both holding where their spiritual forms took a beating.

"We need to create a powerful demon to take on Sleiph. At the rate he's going," I begin, "he will compete with Lucifer for king of the demons. We need to find a suitable host for this however."

"Didn't a Shadowhunter get captured yesterday?" Tenkai asks.

"Yes," I answer him, "he may be perfect for the ritual. He will be a demon, but he will be able to still be a human. If all else fails, we will have to awaken Masakado."

"I won't be around to see it," Koga Saburo says jumping up onto a rock, "I can't stand him. He declared himself the general and protector of Japan and didn't say anything to me about it. I was his right hand man to begin with!"

"I believe I may be of assistance." A voice calls out above.

I look up and see a giant dragon soaring down. I knew that shape, Huang Long, a Chinese demon. He stops in front of us and sets down onto the ground.

"I can get you there and back with the boy, Ghenn." He says in his deep and slow voice, "It's all a matter of time for in four days, he will be turned into a lesser demon and under the control of Sleiph."

"Has Sleiph defeated Lucifer?" I ask looking down at the ground.

"Once he found out that Lucifer helped you defeat him, Lucifer didn't stand a chance." he says in a threatening voice, "Now higher demons are pouring into the city. Sleiph is getting impatient. I see that you still have his sword. That sword has all his memories and those memories are of how to use his powers. If he gets a hold of that sword, then all worlds will perish. Now come, we must make haste!"

****Ghenn's POV of what happened on the first day****

I watch as my friends and family run away from this fight. I have to make sure that they get away in time. I turn towards Belial, one of the demons of the Goetia. He is a great general who rules over thousands of demons. I dispatch some of his minions before they could even touch me. More and more demons poured in from above. Eventually, I was beginning to become overrun and fell back to a better defensible spot. Growling behind me scared me. The only demons that I have heard do that are Fafnir. They are Norse demons, but they must have become under the influence of Belial. Long sharp claws tear my back and I turn and slash. The Fafnir yowls in pain, but rears back and pummels me with its legs.

My back slams against the wall. I hear Belial behind me dragging his weapons along the ground. I turn the corner to find that he wasn't there. I turn around and was face to face with him. He throws a punch and I go flying through the roof of the building. I look down and found that my back was towards the ground. Belial appeared above me with Hellfire in his hands. I close my eyes and wait for the blast to come. I had bought them enough time to escape the area. Belial smirks and closes his fist. The flash blinds me and I feel his grasp around my body. I could feel a portal opening up and us stepping through. I got to shed one tear before being dragged into the portal.

I awaken still blinded with a musty smell around me. Chains held my wrists and ankles to a wall. I coughed and tasted blood on my lips. Belial's attack did more to me than I thought. He must have crushed my insides. There wasn't anything that I could do and I fall back asleep.

It felt like I had slept a day. A blast in front of me scared the shit out of me. I felt the chains around me loosen up. Hands threw me over a shoulder where my chest was being impaled with a shoulder. I was readjusted and felt better.

"Who are you?" I blindly ask.

"Your saviors," a rough voice answers me, "now shut up before we are discovered."

"I know that you have a choice in this Ghenn," another voice slices through the air, "but we must turn you into a demon to combat Sleiph. Now here us out. You will be able to still be able to be a Shadowhunter and turn into a demon whenever you want. This is the only way to end this war. Tenkai, put him down so that I can heal his eyes."

"Good," Tenkai says putting me down, "my shoulder is still hurting from the fight with Sleiph."

I felt a cooling sensation come over me and felt my eyes getting better. I blinked them open a few times to get used to the light and I saw four great demons standing in front of me. I instinctively go to my side where my blade would have been, but it wasn't there. I knew that after a few moments, that they mean no harm.

"Now let us get out of here so that we may begin the ritual."

"You won't escape while we are around!"