Chapter 6

I fell asleep against the tree and didn't know. When I woke up, Ghenn was staring down at me with hatred in his eyes. I look beside me to see that Kita was asleep against my shoulder. Her soft hair was flowing around my face.

"Get up!"Ghenn says heaving me up. Kita falls over and bumps her head on a root and grunts as she wakes up, "You need to stay away from her!"

"She's my mentor!" I say in his face, "How am I going to stay away from her? Tell me how!"

"That doesn't mean you get to have her tiptoeing around you!" he says throwing a punch. I dodge and swing at him. He ducks and kicks me in my stomach and I fall to the ground holding my stomach. "Stay down if you know what's good for you and stay away from Kita!"

I get up and grab Ghenn's shirt and turn him around. As soon as I saw his face, I throw a punch. It lands right on his nose. He falls backwards as blood spilled out from his nose. He sits up and spits blood out of his mouth.

"Why you little shit!"he angrily says and as fast as lightning, grabs a bamboo staff and swings it at my head. It connects and I see stars flying about. He swings again and hits my side. He then swings downwards at my head. I grab the staff out of the air and tear it from his hands. I slam the staff in the back of his head and he falls to the ground and doesn't move. I thought that I hurt him too much, but then he starts to move and gets up slowly. He stumbles over to his group of friends and gives me an evil glance and starts back down to the Institute.

"How did you do that?" Kita asks walking up beside me.

"I don't know." I say rubbing the side of my head, "He made me mad."

"I think you need to go on the next mission that I go on." she says bringing out a stele, "You need some training in the field so you know what we are fighting against. There that should heal ya. Come on you must be getting hungry."

Again, going down the thin mountain path made me queasy. Down below, the Institute was coming into view. We made it to the gate, which I still see as a cave, and walk in. We go into the Institute and into the dining hall. I grab myself two plates of food. I was still missing cheeseburgers as I had the best dream I have ever had. I sit down beside Kita who had already began diving into what seemed like a fish. All I ate were some noodles and a fish. I wish that there was a burger on this plate. Ghenn walks in all bruised and had dried blood on his shirt. He sits across from us and I quickly finish eating not wanting to make Ghenn an even worst enemy than he is now.

I go to the couch and turn on the TV. I know that I can't understand a word that the news says, but I try my best to see what happened. The news flashed over to an outside camera. Breaking news came across the bottom of the screen and the camera showed a red sky above Tokyo. Something happened within the demon realm and it isn't good.