Chapter 16

Our sudden change of heart wasn't due to the effects of the demon realm, and despite what the Shadowhunters teach you, there are no known effects of the demon realm, but it was due to the fact that the angels are executing anyone who tries to escape the lock-down. So we sat in the cell for the rest of the day talking about whatever we could think of. I tried to bring up her family and how they got along and stuff, but she would just look back at me with large eyes and I would drop the subject.

While we were waiting for Sleiph to return, I took the time to look around the cell and see what it offers. Even for a demon prison, it came with a bathroom, some beds, and a working sink. I took the advantage and wash the grime off my face. I get a bucket of water and take it over to Kita who first takes a long drink and then washes her hair and face. She didn't worry about her legs or arms. She just wanted to get the dried blood off her face and out of her hair. I go to the bathroom since it had been forever since I had the chance to. It stank like the outhouse back at my Texas home. I didn't take long and got out as soon as possible. Kita went in afterwords and I swore I could hear her gagging. I stifled a laugh and as soon as she came out, I stopped laughing.

It was quite boring sitting down all day. I would rather be doing something rather than doing nothing. I told Kita that, but she just shrugs and says at least we get to spend time alone together. I smiled and gave her a long kiss on the lips and hugged her tightly. Our decision could be our last. We don't even know how powerful God's forces are and if Sleiph thinks he can defeat Him, then Sleiph must have a powerful army waiting to attack. The crackling of the fire lulled me to sleep. I feel Kita curl up in my lap as she gets ready to go to sleep.

*******

Rattling wakes me up. It takes me a moment to figure out that I'm not in a bed; I'm slumped up against a wall with Kita in my arms. The door opens and Sleiph comes marching in with a few armed guards. It must be tomorrow. That means we slept away a whole day!

"Your answers?" Sleiph asks resting his sword in the ground.

"I will join you." Kita says standing up, "I have seen what God is meant to do and he must fall. Humanity must be freed from his grasps."

She walks over to Sleiph and stands at his side. He tells one guard to take her to the main chamber where he will debrief the army once he is finished.

"Nathan," he says walking over, "your answer please, or are you going to let your girlfriend go alone?"

"I'm going to fight God." I say taking out the sword that Yamato Takeru gave me and flash it towards the sky, "The atrocities that He has done to humanity will not go unpunished! My sword will strike down all who interfere with us!"

"Good boy." he says with a devilish smile, "Guards! Take him to the main chamber where I will assign the legions to both of them. As of now you and Kita are generals of Goetia. As far as you both know, you're demons."

****I know it's a little short again I'm sorry for that but hope you enjoyed it :)****