"Blake" I shook her hand back nervously.

"I'm not even going to ask what happened, but whatever it is, we can totally move past it...you must be new here"

Here we go.

"Is it that obvious?" I said, sighing.

"Kind of...Kinderton doesn't get too many new faces and I practically know everyone here so I def recognize when a new student arrives." she said honestly

"Well, I must be lucky then"

She didn't respond she just chuckled.

"You must be starving, good food always makes me feel better and luckily, Kinderton has amazing food in the cafe. After I unpack a little we can head out"

"Yeah that actually sounds perfect right now. Thank you" I smiled. She smiled back and then turned to her bags to unpack.

"Are you going to decorate your side of the room?" She questioned as she pulled out a brand new comforter set, paintings, and other things, you would decorate your bedroom with.

Well I thought since this school was so damn expensive that It would come with a decent dorm.

"Uh yeah. Not yet though" I didn't have any extra money to spare on decorating, so I'll just be sleeping under these white sheets for now.

I need to get a job asap.

"Hey, do you know if the campus has any job offerings?"

She looked at me like I was an alien speaking alienlish. She probably never even heard of the letters J-O-B before.

"I'm not sure but we can check once we're done with lunch"

____________

"May I have a hot tea with lemon and a caprese bruschetta" Delilah said to the cafe worker as she closed her menu.

This wasn't even what I consider a cafeteria. It reminded me of one of those rich people membership-only clubhouses that served food. Some of the cafe workers were students and others were just staff. I wondered how they got a job so fast, school just started this weekend. I need to find out how to go about getting a job here. I wouldn't mind working in some fancy cafe. Better than bussing tables at my hometown diner and dealing with all the disgusted stares and getting neglected because people don't want a 'Holly' serving them.

"May I have a..." I stared at the menu and my eyes almost bulged at the prices. Is this a cafeteria for students or Ruth Chris? I soon remembered that along with my scholarship, the school gave me a meal card for my first semester.

"A shrimp linguini with water and lemon on the side". The waiter wrote down my order on his notepad and told us it'll be right out before retreating back to the kitchen.

Suddenly, Delilah burst out laughing.

"My God, your face"

My face?

"Huh"

"I'm sorry but you just look so nervous, you're not used to this, are you? just relax babe" she reassured.

Now that I think about it, the whole time I've been sitting here, I've been tense and haven't even moved my body the slightest inch.

"You have tattoos..." Delilah looked down at my hand, intrigued. I always forgot about the little meaningless tattoos on my fingers and the ones scattered down my arm.

"Oh yeah, they're nothing" I put my hand in my lap. The tattoos themselves meant nothing but the reason why I got them did. I guess after my life changed in the worst way, getting little dumb tattoos started to get addicting. I think it was how they felt. I could stop focusing on the pain in my heart and focus on the pain of getting something beautiful ingrained in my skin. Sounds dumb right? I know.