Chapter 13

Palette's POV

i heard someone coming and i went to the door to see Goth and a puppy. "Goth!  hello! who's the puppy?" i asked. "this is Midnight. she's Nightmare's puppy" Goth said to me. I looked at her. I could tell she was nervous but i didnt pressure her. I gently petted her head. She looked at me with a look of distrust, I'm assuming she doesnt trust me. "dont worry, Midnight, you can trust me" i told her. She just looked at me and tilted her head to the side. "just let her get used to you, Palette" Goth told me as i nod. "i know, Gothy" I smiled "so, whatcha two wanna do?" I asked. "hmmmmm" Goth suddenly gasped "why dont we go for a walk! Nightmare said she love walks!" Goth said, happily. "okay. i think there's a harness for her somewhere" I said, looking around. I noticed that Midnight had a blackish gray harness in her mouth. "oh! good girl!" I praised. Goth put the harness on her along with a leash. "now! we are ready!" Goth said. I grabbed Midnight's leash and her tail wagged. We went out the door and she sniffed everything she came across. "how have you been, Gothy?" i asked. "good! you?" he asked back. "I've been okay. how long do yall have to babysit her?" i asked. "just till Nightmare gets done with his mission" He said. "how long will that take?" I asked. "sometimes hours or till the next day. really depends on what the mission is" Goth said. I noticed that Midnight was now sniffing what looked like a stick until it moved its head. Goth immediately jerked her up "it's a snake!" he yelped. "snake!? where!?" i panicked "is she bitten!?" i asked.

Goth's POV

I checked Midnight for any bite marks. "thankfully no" I said, hugging her close. Palette sighed in relief. "at least she's olay" Palette said as i nodded. "Nightmare would've been pissed and worried if she was hurt" i said. Midnight looked at me when i said Nightmare's name "aww, dont worry! he'll come get ya soon! i promise!" i said, smiling and hugged her. Midnight gave me a look and tried escaping from my grasp and Palette noticed. "Gothy, i think she's wanting down" Palette said as i set her down. Midnight soon trotted off and me and Palette followed her, only to find out that she went to a mud hole and jumped in. "i....Nightmare's probably gonna be upset" I said, a bit worried. "im sure Nightmare wont be upset with her" Palette said. "why dont we go see??" Palette asked as i nod.