Chapter 22 Two Worlds Apart

Start from the beginning

            Megel dug in the cave dirt, opened the plastic bag and removed the satellite phone.
     Megel spoke into the phone,"this is Megel, is anyone there?"
     A man's voice responded,"this is Mr Brown, are you on the island?"
     Megel answered confused,"yes I'm on the island, along with six females, and seven other males."
     Mr Brown asked,"is Lenerd Sanders there with you? "
     Megel was fascinated,"yes he is, he goes by Chance."
     Mr Brown continued,"I have a message from the twins, Sammy and Alex. Tell chance his son Lenerd Jr is born,Cat and her son are both healthy and at home, in San Francisco California. I will continue to try and find you all."
     Megel disconnected the battery, returning the satellite phone to its hiding spot. He was happy he lied to Chance, which ended up being the truth. His uncle Pedro was just as big of a liar as his step father was.

          Megel whispered to the leader,"Chance meet me at the outhouse"
         Five minutes later Megel relayed the message,"I was attempting to speak with my uncle, but a strange man spoke to me instead. He said he was hired by the twins Alex and Sammy, to give you a message. Chance your son Lenerd Jr is born, him and cat are healthy, living at her home, in San Francisco California. His name was Mr Brown, he said he would continue trying to find us."
     Chance hugged the boy,"you have made me the happiest man in the world Megel. Thank you from the bottom of my heart."
    The two friends walked away happy as clams.
     Lindy and Amy were hiding in the outhouse kissing.
     Amy opened the door,"OMG what was that all about? Matty is not Matty but Megel.Megel had a satellite phone, this whole time.Cat's baby was born, Lenerd Jr. Mr Brown is continuing to search for us. Sammy and his twin Alex used to live here, along with sara, and Jessica,they all disappeared.Obviously they left the island,the twins are paying Mr Brown to find us."
     Lindy talked softly,"I wouldn't mention it to anyone Amy, the important thing is, that there is hope."

            The obgyn Dr Percy spoke to his nurse,"I don't feel right about miss Rivers, she was pretty loopy when signing the papers, to have her tubes tied.The dnc stopped the bleeding, but her mother insisted,that the eighteen year old, was to young to have more children."
     Nurse Benning held the form,"Catherine signed this form, her mother and the infant, are legal guardians of her mother Ruth Rivers.The privacy act is clear,you can not give the patient information, unless the guardian allows it."
     Dr Percy had a pang of guilt,"Catherine was in hard labor when arriving, she would have signed anything to be admitted. I thought it odd that I was removed as her doctor, shortly after miss Rivers was discharged.In any case my legal obligation was met."

              Cat moaned in pain,"time for dinner Chance my son."
The infant fed from its mother's breast.
     Ruth folded laundry,"you should just take your pain pills Cat, I hate seeing you suffer.What a name to give a baby,Lenerd Chance Sanders.As if Lenerd isn't bad enough, but calling him Chance sounds moronic.His father wants nothing to do with him, yet you gave him his fathers last name."
     Cat looked lovingly at her nursing son,"I quit taking the pills the day, you took Chance home from the hospital mother.By the time I left the hospital, the breast pump got all of the meds out of my milk.I needed to bond with my son,nursing is the best way, and was always my plan."
     Six year old Cora kissed the baby's forehead,"mother says that I am your aunt.I can't wait until you're old enough to play with me.You don't have my brown hair, but you have my brown eyes."
     Two year old Scotty touched the infant's soft, black hair,"Momma says I'm your uncle, you don't have my blond hair, or my blue eyes.I'm going to teach you boy stuff, I will be three soon."
     Ruth scolded her son,"Scotty I told you to never touch the baby's head, there is a soft spot.Don't forget again, or you can't be near him."
     Cat held her little brother's hand,"I'm sorry little brother, I should have reminded you.We are both new to being around babies Scotty, I will help you, and you will help me."
     Cora took her brother by the hand,"come on Scotty, let's go watch cartoons"
     Ruth put the folded laundry into the basket,"I'm glad you're home safe and sound Cat.I used up one week of my vacation time,I have to return to work tomorrow.To offset the cost of you and your son, we had to cancel Scotty's daycare.Cora and Scotty's sitter, are a luxury we can no longer afford.As you know your dad and I, aren't home much, working sixty plus hours per week.We want this house paid off when we retire,then there's college tuition for our kids, among other costs.Cora is well behaved, but your brother is a handful. We were planning on putting him in preschool in a few months, when he turns three years old.We just can't afford it now, with the added costs."
     Cat put her son on her chest burping him,"I have changed mom,I will do what you ask of me and more.I'm not the brat kids, who arrived at island camp anymore."

            Alex received the call he had been waiting for, Sammy sat beside him, with the speaker option on.
     Mr Brown spoke to the point,"as you know, our firm has been monitoring via satellite.There were no transmissions for months, until the boy Megel, used a satellite radio transmission.The amount of time the boy spoke, was not sufficient enough, to pinpoint the location. We were able to get within, three hundred miles of the island.We will continue to monitor, hopefully the next satellite radio transmission, Will be long enough to find them."