Chapter 13 Freak Out

Start from the beginning

            The camp was awake at the crack of dawn, a light breakfast of fruit, and they were off, to begin their tedious task.
              The five guys, all turned the tub onto its side.It took all eight of them, pushing for all they could. The tub slowly turned upside down,the claw foot legs, were now on top.
     Kevin laid flat on his back panting,"the last time, I grunted that hard, I was constipated for three days."
     Ronny laid on the ground as well,"you think that was hard,just wait until, we pick the tub up."
           Chance gave instructions,"I tied the bamboo together, so that the tub, doesn't separate them.Once we get moving, we have to walk sideways,be careful of your footing. We all must bend low, grabbing the bottom of the tub. Lift with your arms and knees, not your back."
       Matty watched the group, they barely lifted the tub, as high as the bamboo. Two guys held both ends of the tub,Walking sideways  Kyle,Amy and Jake, lifted the far side, walking backwards.Lizy,Page and Julie, lifted the other side, walking forward.
     Ronny grunted," so help me Kevin, if you drop the tub on my foot,I will hit your foot with a hammer."
     Kevin Returned the rude comment,"lift your side higher Ronny,or I'll thump you in your sleep."
         Steve complained to his partner,"Chance lift harder, you chose the end of the tub."
     Chance returned the complaint," I might move faster, if you quit stepping on my feet Steve."
         Jake grunted walking backwards,"come on Kyle and Amy, we got this! I believe in you both."
     Amy was in pain," I sure could use, a good soak in the tub, after this."
     Kyle forced himself to give his all,"I need a back rub, not to mention, all my other screaming muscles."
         Lizy was crying," what was I thinking."
     Julie gave her partner a dose of reality,"if you give up Lizy, I will put ants in your bed, every night until we're rescued."
     Page struggle in pain," how far, did we have to move the tub?It seems like twenty feet."
     Chance answered the girl's question,"we were a few feet from the bamboo, the tub is a few feet wide, so five feet at the most."
         Page looked down,"we did it, we can sit the tub down."
     The group all laid on the ground, sweating and exhausted. The twenty minute job,seemed like hours.
     Chance sat up,"Rome wasn't built in a day, let's go back to camp and rest, before doing chores. We will get an early start, in the morning.
        Matty had never been more proud, of anyone in his life.This group was different, they would get through any test, his stepfather put them through.

            The shelves in the supply cabin, were removed. The lumber was carried by the group, to the cite of the tub enclosure. A sturdy floor was built, in preparation for the tub.
The group worked one hour after breakfast, and one hour after lunch, each day.Rolling the tub on bamboo, was exhausting.A half hour walk, took three days and six hours.
             Chance gave the order,"the bamboo is removed, everyone grab where you can, flipping it over onto the legs,is going to be hard."
     The group put the guys, in the middle,the left side of the tub.The girls grabbed wherever they could.
   Chance gave a count,"one, two, three!"
     The tub was quickly pushed onto its side, people changed positions,and pushed with all of their strength.The bath tub landed, onto it's claw foot legs with a thud.
     Amy cried hugging her friends,"I can't believe we did it girls."
     Julie shed tears of joy as well,"nothing can stop women, in need of a bath,"
     Page joined in on the girl hug,"we have a lot of work yet to do, but soon, we will be as clean, as a church on Sunday."
         The guys hugged each other, and shook hands.
     Chance interrupted the moment," we still need, to lift the tub upon the floor."
         The group had prideful energy, the tub was lifted by everyone, one step up, and four steps to the right. The tub was set down, everyone cheered.

     The only reason, Chance agreed about moving the bathtub,was to distract the group from their paranoia.Honestly the bathtub, was fine where it was found.The group was never happier, Cat was not talked about.
     There was left over tin from the cabin roof,Chance used it for, the little roof housing the bathtub. Amy, Julie and Page,scrubbed the bathtub, with every cleanser in the supply shed. All of the males including Matty, used bamboo building the bath house, and a door with a lock.The last thing Chance placed, was a shelf next to the bathtub. There were three large nails for hanging towels.
                 The girls awoke, before the sun rose the next morning.Water was boiled and poured into the tub, to cool.
Before lunch the tub was full,the door was locked. Page, Julie and Amy,were all three in the huge tub. For the next hour and twenty three minutes, the camp was blissfully quiet.

            Ronny stood in a deep hole," why are we stuck digging this pit Kevin, when the girls want an outhouse?"
     Kevin shrugged,"take your time Ronny, it's better than cleaning up chicken poop."
     Ronny pushed the shovel, into the dirt with his foot,"by the time we go home, this place will look like the resort we expected."
     Kevin threw a shovel full of dirt from the hole,"I do what I'm told, I'm not good with confrontation. For Pete's sake, I couldn't even break up with my girlfriend, Chance did it for me."
      Ronny wiped sweat from his forehead, with the back of his hand,"we never asked anyone, to be our girlfriend. Lizy and Amy, said they were our girlfriends."
     Kevin thought for a moment,"you're right, I was tricked. My mom would have warned me, she lectured me a lot, I shouldn't have blocked out her words.If I ever make it home, I will do what she says."

            Rochelle whispered into her brother's ear,"I am leaving just after dark, I can't leave when the others go to sleep, stupid door locks. Father has called me to go home, my job is done here."
     Megel whispered back,"Ricardo is not your father, your father was, a good and honorable man."
     Rochelle twisted her brother's arm,"mind your tongue boy, loose lips sink ships. These people are not your friends, they're just people, who are stuck here with you. Every word you say, every action you make, I will be watching you. If you break father's heart, I will break something of yours."