Susie's Song

Okay okay.. I know it's been about two months since I've updated... but let's start your Monday out right, yeah?

Trigger Warning – S/A

...

"You're so stupid, Sue! It's no wonder no one fucking gives a shit about you!" Jay yelled, slamming his fist down on the dresser as he turned back around to face Sue.

Sue had tears welled up in her eyes and she was seeing spots through the blurriness. She was so tired—so worn down from this man that was supposed to love her. "I'm not stupid." She defended herself, though her tone sounding defeated.

He laughed manically as he stepped closer to her. With every step he took, Sue took a step back—and he didn't stop until she was pressed against the other dresser with nowhere to go.

She flinched as he got in her face, "Please, leave me alone!" She shouted, keeping her eyes closed and head tucked in her hands. She couldn't stand to look at him. He put his hands on her waist and she shook him off, "Don't touch me!"

He didn't listen. He kept his hands on her and began trying to pull off her shirt. When Sue resisted and yelled, he started unbuttoning her pants and tugging at them.

"Jay! Please, don't! Please!"

"Shut the hell up." He growled, turning her around and forcefully bending her over the dresser. He undid his own pants and grabbed a hold of her waist and Sue let out one last scream of plea—begging him to stop.

...

Sue shot up in bed, screaming and sweating profusely. She was breathing heavily and instinctively started fanning herself with her hands, quickly glancing over in the bed next to her to see Emily sleeping soundly next to her.

"Oh, thank god." She whispered to herself, sobbing quietly while she tried to steady her breath.

This wasn't the first nightmare she's had about Jay. They had been recurring weekly for the past couple of months and the fact that they were so realistic scared her. She hated to burden Emily with all of this. Most nights she wouldn't even let Emily know she was having nightmares if her screaming didn't wake her up.

She finally steadied her breathing and she rested her face in her hands as she let out a heavy sigh. The cold sweats weren't settling as quickly, though. Sue reached for the hem of her shirt and lifted the piece of fabric over her head before tossing it off to the side, leaving her in only her bralette and panties that she had under the large oversized t-shirt.

She jumped as she felt Emily's hand press against the center of her back, "God, babe. You're sweating." Emily said, quickly jolting up and sitting upright with Sue. She caressed her back slowly and focused her eyes on Sue in the darkness, "Are you okay?" She asked concerned, now moving her hand up Sue's back and to her face, caressing her cheek—feeling the wetness of Sue's tears on her palm. She looked at her knowingly and scooted in closer, "Did you have another nightmare about him?"

Sue rested her cheek in Emily's palm and closed her eyes at her touch. Emily made her feel safe and she was already starting to feel better just from the comfort that her girlfriend gave her. She finally nodded her head and looked at Emily with big eyes, "Y—yes. It—it was so scary. The dreams, they're... just, so..." She started, sobbing again as she thought back on her nightmare again, "So realistic. A—and they won't stop."

Emily could tell Sue was starting to get herself worked up again and she did whatever she could to soothe her. She pressed her lips to Sue's forehead and placed a couple of gentle kisses as she spoke against her skin, "You never have to see that man again." She whispered, kissing Sue's forehead again, "I'm here. I'm always going to be here." She said seriously, now pressing her forehead to Sue's. She ran her fingers through Sue's hair and ran her thumb across her cheek slowly, "Forever—you and me."