😜While shepherds watch their flocks by night... (Amelia Shepherd)

This is the weed cookies episode...

I had so much fun writing this one!

———————————————————

It's the day everyone is pitching their research projects in the hope of winning that contest. You've been working with Shepherd, Deluca and Bello. You're only an intern and you're the quietest one at that. You've never really been outspoken. You've always been more of a follower than a leader - a sheep. Whenever you were asked a question you'd mumble a response quietly and your cheeks would flush and go an embarrassing, deep, crimson red.

The first time you met Shepherd she'd requested you on her service because of an article you wrote. It was an abstract article - something out of the box. She liked your thoughts. Which was good because you were brilliant at communicating through writing. Less good at communicating in person. She asked for your opinion on a surgical technique she wanted to try and when you tried to respond you kind of squeaked and mumbled your response so quietly and quickly she barely absorbed what you were saying. You could feel your ears burning.

"Dr Y/n." She starts, "Are you always this shy? Or am I just that scary?" She laughs.

You just bowed your head down and carried on working. Or rather, pretending to be working. It took you a while to get over that embarrassment and focus again.

Recently, you'd been trying to be more sociable. You went to Grey's party the other week but left pretty quickly because all the conversations you had felt forced. People didn't know you very well because of how shy you are so they didn't really know what to talk about with you. You promised yourself you'd try again.

Dr Robbins starts circling the room with a tin of cookies.

"Hey! You're one of Shepherd's interns aren't you? The gh-" she stopped herself before calling you the nickname everyone else was calling you around the hospital.

You were called the ghost because you were notoriously quiet and would just hover around Shepherd all day. You also had a habit of making people jump because they didn't hear you enter a room. She smiled to try and cover her mistake.
This was your chance to be normal and sociable.

"Ha! Yes! That's me - the ghost - ha... yeah! So... I mean... that's not my actual name- I'm Dr Y/n, which I'm sure you knew... because.... Yeah - you know... I have a name tag! Ha!"

You could feel your whole face on fire. She smiles reassuringly at you. But you probably came off a little bit deranged.

"So... Dr Y/n... would you like a cookie?" She shakes the tin in front of your face.

You take one politely and thank her. She nods and moves on to the next person. You were so glad you took one of those cookies once you'd bitten down into it. It was HEAVENLY.

It wasn't long after though, that you started to feel a bit funny. Dr Grey announces that the batch had rat poison in. Immediately, you start panicking and dart out of the room and take yourself into an empty patient room. You rummaged through the drawers until you found a bunch of needles and kits.

It was at this point Dr Shepherd walks in looking for spare pillows.

"Dr Y/n?" She says, making you jump. She catches you right as your about to shakily stick a needle into your arm.

"I know this looks bad..." you're laughing uncontrollably.

"Care to explain what you're doing?"