XXVIII. The Aftermath of the Battle

Start from the beginning

Plasmius had encountered him only in the ghost zone and was let out with a warning. Now, under other circumstances, he would not allow anyone to speak to him that way but he had witnessed on his own what happened to the ghosts Walker went after.

"I do not see how I could be of any help. Last time I checked, she doesn't want to be near me" he finally said after a moment of silence, still levitating mid-air.

Well, he wasn't exactly wrong. 

Their encounters were not the best ones and he had offered to take her in and train her. However, the girl was far too loyal to the Fentons to agree and they ended up having a battle as was expected. He didn't truly care for it though. 

She was just a fascinating discovery and a great student but if she preferred to be his enemy, then so be it. It would not make much of a difference to him, considering how much weaker she was compared to him. Although she did have the potential to become far greater than she could ever imagine. 

However, by staying with the Fentons and Danny, he knew she never would.

"Because she will end up harming someone. And you are her father, whether any of you like it or not. Just...come with me. I will show you".

Vlad remained quiet for a moment, thinking it over. However, his curiosity got the best of him. Angelina was always the more mature and powerful of the two teens, with far better control of her abilities than Danny. For her to be in such a state, if what Danny said was 100% true, was something that made him curious enough to agree. 

And so, the two Halfa flew back into the Fenton workshop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Danny had left, it was barely 11 pm and by the time he was back with Vlad, the clock showed around 1 am. They entered the house as ghosts and phased into Lina's room. 

Immediately, Plasmius' eyes fell on the sleeping girl.

She was sweating, panting, and tossing in her sleep. She was mumbling, almost begging as if she was trapped under some dark nightmare and she was. Suddenly, their presence caused her ghost senses to go off and she woke up in fear and alert. 

Red eyes stared at the wall in front of her as she ended up subconsciously releasing a red ectoplasm bolt to the wall. It left a small scorch mark, accompanying the older ones that indicated it was not the first time. What she had once taken pride in and what she had often used to take down her opponents, was now the number one thing she could not control.

 Not even when she was awake, for her tired state of mind was making it hard for her to stay concentrated and put up a good fight. It caused trouble for both teens, while also resulting in more injuries than usual.

Plasmius did not fail to notice the dark bags under her tired eyes and how much weaker and skinnier her body looked, clearly not eating as much as she should. Even hair once neatly braided hair was a mess and was obvious she did not take the best care of them, not anymore. 

He watched her as she let out a tired sigh before she passed out again from exhaustion, falling on her back.

"She has been like this for almost 2 weeks now" Danny admitted, looking down, his one hand in a tight fist that was shaking.

He felt so weak by seeing his sister in such a condition and not being able to do anything. Worse, was the fact that he was partially responsible for it. She always got the hits for him and Walker had targeted her because of him. And now, he could not help her or make her feel any better. Even during ghost battles, he could hardly protect her and that only made him fall worse.