Don't Blame you

"Why do you even ask to come if u won't eat more than 5?" Nisha doesn't understand.

"5 are enough to get a taste, I m not a glutton like. . .some people" He teases with a straight face.

"Glutton or no, one has to eat atleast 15 to get a taste" Nisha says and gulps down the spicy savoury pani puris.

Jungkook stares at her in a way she can't understand when her cheeks balloon out.

"cute"
he mutters.
Nisha hears it but doesn't react.
Though she loves the effort he is putting into thisbecause whenever they have come to eat street food, Jungkook was done early and was usually impatient coz she liked to take her time eating but today he is giving her all the time, without complaining.

"aaj bhaiyaji ka mood accha hai" the stall owner comments through his paan stained teeth and Nisha looks at Jungkook then howls with laughter.
Jungkook is so embarrassed but he's glad she got a laugh out of it.

XXX

Nisha enjoys the "I m courting you " treatment from him a lot & feigns innocence whenever he doe something out of ordinary.
But after a month or so, he realizes something.

"Does she know?" he wonders one day when Nisha is busy talking to Taehyungeven though she knows he doesn't like Taehyung quite as much.
Jungkook can feel the 2 looking at himself and laughing at something. It discourages him and he goes straight home, missing basketball practice.
He just feels like he needs to clear his mind.
He is not angry, just upset.
He lies down on his bed & closes his eyes.
All the almost moments with her circling around.
It frustrates him.
Maybe I deserve this for treating her like that.
He sighs and decides to write his assignments.
Nothing like work to distract oneself.

XXX

The next few days, Jungkook starts getting back to normal, the way he was before all of this.
It is the only way to see if she actually does know about his feeelings plus he needs a breather from the weeks of fruitless effort.

"hey you cancelled on Jimin why? me and Riya were gonna come along too" Jungkook is in the middle of sorting out his notes when Nisha storms into his room.

Jungkook doesn't look up & gives an almost smile. "you guys should go, I m not in the mood"
Nisha is surprised, also a bit upset with his sudden lack of energy.
"hey,,,what's going on? last few days, you've been different" Nisha sighs & sits on the bed behind him.
"oh . . .so you noticed?" Jungkook doesn't look back. All of a sudden her words make him feel like crying.
Nisha recognizes that tone. It injects oanic in her chest, like something is wrong, very  wrong.
Guilt creeps up, so much that she can't utter a word.
"No coz lately,,you haven't been noticing stuff that's right in front of you...so I thought I'd ask" He asks, calming himself down with superhuman effort.

Nisha still doesn't say anything.

"look I.." Jungkook turns around finally to face her.

Nisha is crying, silently, staring at her hands.

Jungkook's tears finally come out. "I don't blame you Nish. . .& I actually thought I deserve this.. .coz maybe I did idk but. . .I thought I had the strength to take it but damn,,last few days,,It hurt so much--"
"I m sorry,,Im so so sorrryy" Nisha crie out and takes him into a hug.
Her heart breaks when he hugs her back and puts his chin on her shoulder..
He sobs.
"nooo, no please..I m so sorry, ,I just, , I swear,,I didn't mean to hurt you like that" she says, feeling so helpless, seeing him hurt like that.
"and no you don't deserve this! at all!" he's too big to engulf into a hugso she hugs him tight with all her power.

"I don't blame you for realizing it late,,you're only human,, I just idk what came to me. . I m sorry "ey pull back from the hug, she holds his hands and waits, for him to speak, something, anything.

"I umm--" Jungkook clears his throat" I hope you still like me ? coz it'll be awkward now that I like you too?" he says sheepishly, cheeks stained with tears and Nisha hugs him again, this time with a smile.
He picks her up the ground, just like she loves,
His smile, oh his smile is the biggest it's ever been.
They stay like that for a few seconds & then he puts her down.
"no-I mean,,I love it when you pick me up" Nisha whispers, not letting go of him.
"thats just. . .adorable"
he doesnt say it out loud and squeezes her gently.

And when he finally puts her down and kisses on her cheek, there are flowers everywhere , metaphorically of course.

XXX

Thank you so much  for reading! Please drop a vote if You liked it
- ami, xoxo