He's in denial

"Hello Aunty --" Jeon's mom was already on the line. and Nisha was in no mood to show mercy.
.
.
.

But she did.

"Can I come home for a few days,,, no I'm well. . . just on my period...." She looked away & Jungkook pretended not to hear that.

" okay aunty. yes... yes... yeah.. bye!" she cut the call & Jungkook sighed in relief.

He'd have gotten a good scolding if his mum had known about his whole "Ladki banke girls hostel jaana" stunt.

"Now will you move & let me pack??" Nisha shoved him

"listen I'm-"

"I don't wanna talk to you don't you get it??"

She was mad .

Jungkook sat quietly in his wig & watched her pack.

"Are you planning to stay here or something coz I got places to be"she said after she was done packing.

Jungkook helped her out with the suitcase and waited quietly while she locked her door.

"Where's your bike?"

"let-let's go by rickshaw or taxi"

"I asked where's yo damn bike!"

"will you be able to sit properly? I mean with y-your----" She had never seen his face go so red in her whole life.

"I said bike, mind your own business"

"ca-"

"Don't you fuckin dare ask me to Calm down after how you yelled at me"

"fuck, fine" Jungkook said defeatedly and handed her the helmet.

He took his wig off and started the bike, a bit sad that she wasn't holding onto him like usual.

After 10 mins of silent ride, they had reached Jungkook's.

Sometimes Jungkook felt like his mom loved Nisha more than him.

The way she babied her was starting to get annoying.

Nisha and Jungkook's family had been friends ever since they could remember.
They had lived in the same city, their dads in the same office, until one day, Jungkook had to say goodbye to his dad forever.

Nisha's family had been nothing but Supportive.

Mrs Jeon had moved to another city the same year.

And Now Nisha's college, was in that very city so it was obvious for her to be the local guardian.

After sulking & rolling his eyes to Nisha complaining to his mom all he got was an order to take snacks to Nisha' roomb(guest room) upstairs.

"Jungkookie she lives away from her home bete, be nicer, no?"

"Mummy DEVI K jaise treat krta hu usko". Jungkook groaned.

"Tez is nhi bolna chahiye na ladkiyo se" Mom tapped his shoulder and went inside.

XXX

Hey" Jungkook put the tray full with snacks on the table.

"Hi" She didn't look up from her laptop.

Jungkook KNEW she was MAD mad.

"Whatchu doin?" Jungkook sat on the bed next to her ,leaned on her shoulder (with more force than usual) & peeked into her laptop.

"get off will youuuu" She tried to push him off.

"No LEMME watch"

"Sit straight will you!"

"Nahh this is comfy"

Jungkook hoped to get a laugh out of her.

"WHAT is your damn problem?!"

"ok IM SORRY!"

Nisha didn't say anything to that.

"No seriously Stop now Nish!" He slammed down the hood of her laptop

"WHAT THE FUCK JEON?!" Nisha stood up.

"LISTEN listen listen! I am sorry okay ?? I shouldn't have snapped like that.."

His eyes were starting to fill up with something she was so weak for.

"Nish please" Now Jungkook's heart was sinking.

"That hurt okay" She said, crossing her arms.

"Ahhhhhh I know, I knowwww.... Here"

He took out something from his pocket and it instantly made her smile.

Milk chocolate.

"godd... this girl" Jungkook had to smile as he left the room.

"what took you long?" Jungkook absolutely did not know what to make of his mom's amused look.

"nothing...  We had this little fight,, and I just said Sorry and-----"

"oh, okay.. whatever it is,., just be careful, no? And just like that, Mrs. Jeon dropped another bomb on her son and left.

"MUMMY VAISA KUCH NAHI HAI WE ARE JUST FRIENDS AAP KYAA SOCH RHE HO!!" Jungkook yelled after her.

"Women," Jungkook shook his head.

XXX

"Sooooo... did something happen???"

Junin brought some coke & chips & handed Jungkook the switch.

"what something?"
Jungkook came to Jimin's to cool off but those ambiguous questions were irritating him.

"lol I meant she's now at yours right? so . . .Some details --"
"THATS NOT -- OMY GODD -- We're just friends for fucks sake! WHY is everyone assuming shit these days??"

Jimin only laughed.

"just the way you look at her, care for her. . ." Jimin said when Jungkook was close to winning.

Jungkook gave Jimin a "are you serious right now" look & of course lost the round.

"What do you mean? look at her & care for her??? She's my Best friend... WHY the fuck everyone is making it weird" Jungkook was so done with Jimin.

"okay then, tell me why did you get upset about her crush thing?" Jimin too found this gossip more interesting than any game.

"Like I said, because she didn't tell me!"

"So if a new guy comes & she dates him you won't be jealous?"

"See,, as friend I WILL BE coz we spend so much time together. But it means nothing more than that. . ."

"So you okay with someone kissing her, holding hands. . . . IF she gives you time?" Jimin was not holding back.

"I-----listen, I'm not here to play quiz quiz okay? just don't--just  stop reading between the lives or whatever it is that you're doing"

"Okay, fine... I'll stop...." Jumin smirked.

"WHAT?"

"Nothing", can a guy not just smile?" Jimin feigned innocence.

"THAT wasn't a smile I AM SO DONE WITH YOU JIMIN"

Jungkook stormed out & Junin sighed.

He's in denial.

To be continued. . .

Thank you for reading! Pls share and drop a vote if u liked it😻💖