A table for couples

Jungkook knocked a few times & waited.

Maybe she is asleep.

He knocked a little harder but still there wasn't any response.
What is she doing?

After a few more minutes, he opened the door himself. "Oi Nish- huh?" She had dozed off with the anime still playing on her laptop.

ha who sleeps watching anime?

He laughed & took a picture.

Just when he was pulling the laptop out of her bed, she stirred and opened her eyes. Her eyes widening for a second, adjusting to the light.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"She said but Jungkook said nothing .

He pulled out his phone, showing her the picture he had clicked.

Nisha shook her head, real slow, the very embodiment of "disappointed but not surprised"

"Do you ever STOP & THINK Jungkook ???? This photo is soo indecent it's literally like... lots of stuff is showing,.. her eyes darted from him to the picture and then back to him.

Jungkook was surprised.

He never noticed how it was, it was just something funny he thought he'd post on her bday.

He took another look at the picture. "Omygod why you STARING AT IT???" Nisha yelled.
"OKAY OKAY Sorry DELETED look!" He just did what she said.

"Anyways what are you doing here ?? she pulled up the blanket on her, a bit conscious about her shirt.

Jungkook noticed that. He turned around and sat on the chair 3 feet away.

"nothing"
Just checking up you
But he didn't say the last part.

"Did you Start on the assignment ?"

"Not yet... I need a BIG break before I do- oh THAT reminds me, you still haven't treated me after the win" He didn't protest, he knew he owed her.

"where do you want to go?"

"You know it!" She chirped & Jungkook had to control urge to roll his eyes.

"Veerana of course" He got up & left for his room.

I need to start on my assignment today, tomonnow will not be free.

The next day went by really quickly.
Jungkook was
busy in writing about the intricacies of protein folding the whole day and Nisha too decided to atleast research her own assignment subject and annotate for easy summarization later.

"Mom get ready please" Jungkook announced right away as he walked out of his room, stretching his arms all the way up above his head.

"What for???" Mrs. Jeon was actually waiting for the much hyped "Maha Episode" of some TV show.

"We are going out for dinner? don't you remember,I told u yesterday???" Jungkook stuffed brownies in his mouth, the ones his mom made everytime Nisha came over.
The fridge was full of them and it was the only thing he liked about her being there.

"Ahh, that, uhh I don't think I can. have something important... You two should go and enjoy. . ."

literally what mumma?" Jungkook shook his head.
"That's not the point, I think I'm just not in the mood to go out" Mom was starting to sound tired.

"Ugh okay But order Kr lena "
"Haa maa hu teri, kr lungi itna"

Jungkook smiled went back to his room.
He took a shower & started dressing up. He texted Nisha too to remind her but she replied almost Immediately.

I m ready!

He felt his breath hitch when he opened the picture.
Damn.

He decided to upgrade his outfit

"Letsss goooo"He winked in the mirror finally clad in a Black attire, hair nicer it was on the fresher's party.

Nisha was already waiting in the living room, laughing about something with his mom.

He noticed how she had stopped speaking as soon as he had come out.

Suddenly he was super conscious of how he looked.

Though he was a bit shy because she had never seen him in a suit before,but he still walked towards her in faux Confidence.

None of the two said anything
"You two are matching!" mom clapped happily which interrupted their staring / checking each other out.

"Right, uhm lets go ?" Jungkook looked at Nisha and Nisha nodded, following him out quietly.

Hold or not hold, hold or not hold, hold or not hold, WHAT THE F----
Nisha was so conscious on the bike. She couldn't even decide a thing as trivial as putting her arm around his waist or black or anywhere.

"dude your cologne!!! Nisha scrunched her nose to push those thoughts away.
"Can u not behave for one? ONE evening" Jungkook slowed the bike down..
"why are u slowing down now????!"
"WE REACHED!"

"Hello sir, ma'am..... how may I help you.... shall I book a table for couples sir?" the enthusiastic manager greeted.
Nisha stared at Jungkook while the guy was waiting patiently for the middle aged man to finish.
"Ahh no,, we're not a couple,just any table would be fine" Jungkook smiled for a second to not be rude.

"Yeah," Nisha finally contributed, tearing her gaze away from him, something like disappointment settling in her stomach.

"You know. . . I never thought I'd say it but. . . Go crazy" Jungkook handed her the menu. She deserved this after how rude he was that day.
She wanted to smile but she couldn't.
She pretended to read the menu but on the inside she wanted to go back home & read her favourite romance novel & sleep.

Calm down Nisha, just calm down, just breathe, just... She breathed out.
In a few minutes, they decided on the dishes & also ordered some wine for later.
Jungkook noticed how she looked different. He couldn't quite put this finger on it.
She just looked like a new version which he had never seen before.
Then he noticed the manager was smiling at him. He tore his eyes away from Nisha, not knowing why he was suddenly embarassed.

Nisha was slowly back to normal as the dinner went on. The dessert was quite delicious & both of them were smiling & clinking glasses by the time it was wine's turn.

A lot of people had already left. Only a few of the tables occupied as they chatter about anything and everything.
"Is it that outrageous Jeon?" Nisha was feeling warmer than usual.
"huh?" Jungkook put the wine away, looking into her eyes properly for the first time since they had arrived .
"I mean, the idea of me being.. your girlfriend.... Tcchh. Am I not pretty enough?" Nisha's smile was nowhere to be found and she was staring at something else, away from him, like she knew that whatever Jungkook will say was gonna hurt.

To be continued. . .

Thanks for reading! Drop a vote and lots of comments pls 😍
Love.