Let's be besties pls

Jungkook took a few seconds to take that in, his eyebrows coming together. Is it the wine? Of course he found that question weird. It was so out of the blue.

I mean it's not "outrageous".. it's just... you're-you're cute... I mean.." he said, his own eyes unable to set on hers. He couldn't just decipher why she was suddenly bringing it up.

Being pretty . . .?? Of course you are pretty, you're....really... beautiful.

He found himself thinking.

Nisha was giggling and eating the last piece of the desert.

Jungkook sighed.

"Okay, just one more question..." Nisha was finally done and the waiter had taken the cutlery away.

"we're literally going to the same place, you can ask as many questions as you want. Let's just leave first." Jungkook looked at his watch and then asked for the bill.

Nisha decided to wait till they got home.

They were in Jungkook's room, in their pajamas. She was on his bed and he sat on the chair nearby.

" bol ab kya bol nhi thi bahar" he asked after a few minutes of pointless talk.

"dekh I am not gonna beat around the bush.... Tujhe pasand hai koi... matlab romantically?" Nisha asked.

" nahi.. aisa toh koi nahi hai." Jungkook answered.

"okkayyyy.... Got it, yup... that's all I needed to know—" She got up at lightning speed and was at his door, ready to leave before he could read her face or anything.

" jhooth bol rhi hai" He stopped her on the door.

Nisha did not turn around.

"You will hate me if I tell you." She said and Jungkook slowly started to realize where it was going.

He took a deep breath.

He did not want to assume anything. He did not want to ruin what they had based on an assumption.

"What's with you hating on girls that confess to you hah....?" Nisha asked, noticing him not speaking, her own voice not so playful anymore.

"Yaar, I told you.....I don't HATE them, it's just . . . . .hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . .it made me uncomfortable and back when I was young, I didn't know how to deal with it, Sach me...." he explained.

He knew that the reason was a"part" of it. It was now his automatic switch that flared up his anger.

Jungkook didn't know why, maybe it was the embarrassment due to it during the teen years that made him like that or just that he was too direct in expressing his dislike when he could've done it politely.

He hated how things suddenly changed between 2 people when they confessed, he had a hard time dealing with change, given the lack of emotional support and sudden additional responsibilities on him had made him somehow uninterested in "love".

It had always felt like a burden, a waste of time, just too much effort to him.

"I.....like you a lot, like really ....." Nisha said, after a long silence.

"Oh "

Jjungkook was not moving at all.

Nisha turned to look at him.

His face had hardened, lips tight in a line that told her from experience that they meant sadness, She said nothing else, just nodded slowly, tears falling.

What else I was expecting.

She ran out.

The door closed with a loud thud.