"No, we're under attack." Spencer shook his head as the officer allowed JJ and Spencer to race down to the underground garage. The held up their guns, looking for any signs of life.

"Hey. Quinn." Spencer noticed Quinn's limp body resting against the wall next to the elevator.

"He's still alive. We need one of those ambulances. Hey, we're gonna get you help, okay? Just hang in there, Quinn." Spencer begged, trying not to imagine the worst.

"Please evacuate immediately. Do not use elevators. Move away from the building." A recorded voice spoke over the speaker system throughout the whole building.

"Please evacuate immediately. Do not use elevators. Move away from the building." Emily and Tara heard, trying to get more intel. Derek and Rossi walked into the bullpen, clearly exhausted from all the running around they had done.

"Merva's gone." Derek exhaled.

"Cassidy and Garcia?" Emily looked at Tara, who shrugged her shoulders.

"They could be helping with the evacuation." Tara suggested.

"Quinn and his son are missing, too. Son's nowhere in sight, but Quinn's in the garage shot in the gut." Emily spoke, seeing that JJ had messaged her from the garage.

"Well, if he didn't help them escape, who did?" Rossi asked, confused.

———

"Is that Garcia's car?" Matt stood with Spencer and JJ in the garage. They had spotted Penelope's car still parked.

"Yeah. Cassidy and Penelope's phones were left inside with their bags." JJ nodded.

"If they were helping with the evacuation, they wouldn't leave those behind." Matt exhaled.

"Oh, and that. See that? That's Quinn's blood." pointed to the wall next to the elevator, noting the blood stain, before she pointed to a nearby pillar.

"But over here, I mean, whose blood is this? What if whoever took Merva hurt Cassidy or Penelope?" Spencer's worry for his pregnant wife became worse.

"We'll find them." Matt put his hand on Spencer's shoulder, seeing the worry on his face.

"Doesn't make sense. There's no fire, no sprinklers. It's clearly a false alarm. So why all the chaos?" JJ asked, glancing around the garage.

"Hundreds of people were evacuated, some panicked, fell down the stairs." Matt explained, JJ's eyes widening.

"Wait, hundreds evacuated? Really, this late?" JJ asked, confused.

"It's campus wide, all the buildings were emptied. New protocol, apparently." Matt nodded.

"Okay, so whoever pulled that alarm knew it would cause chaos." JJ realised.

———

"I said no one leaves without a search. I know it's late. Tell him I'll pay the overtime myself." Emily groaned, talking to someone over the phone again. She hung up, starting to get pissed off.

"Well, everything's still offline." Tara exhaled.

"Whoever pulled the alarm knew the director's protocol and used it as a distraction to escape with Merva." JJ revealed as she, Matt and Spencer walked into the BAU bullpen.