16. Exposed

CASSIDY
When I arrived at the BAU, I was nervous to see Emily, JJ and Penelope all sitting standing at my desk, clearly waiting for me.

"Can I help you ladies?" I asked, confused.

"You're hiding something from us, and we can tell." Emily exhaled, crossing her arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't play dumb." JJ chuckled.

Please don't be about Spencer! Please don't be about Spencer!

"We know that there is something going on between you and Hotch." Penelope whispered.

Thank GOD it wasn't about Spencer.

"Okay, okay! Can we please...talk about this in private?" I whispered the last part of my sentence, trying to avoid Morgan or Rossi overhearing.

"Let's go to my lair." Penelope offered before we all made our way out of the bullpen.

The whole walk to Penelope's lair was nerve-racking. Penelope, Emily and JJ seemed very adamant about knowing the gossip between me and Hotch. As much as I didn't want them to know, I was glad that they wanted to know about me and Hotch, and not me and Spencer.

"Spill." Penelope insisted as she, Emily and JJ all sat down, waiting for me to open my mouth and speak.

"Hotch...is my uncle." I exhaled, feeling my friends jaws dropping.

"WHAT?!" Penelope gasped, trying to keep quiet.

"My dad, Sean, is Hotch's brother, making him my uncle." I spoke, feeling their stares.

"Holy shit." Emily's eyes widened.

"Hold up, how come Strauss didn't flag you as Hotch's niece when you joined the BAU?" JJ asked, confused.

"Because, when I joined the BAU, I went by the name Cassidy Marlow, not Hotchner." I explained, watching as JJ nodded, seeming to understand.

"It must suck having Hotch as a family member!" Emily laughed.

"It actually didn't. Hotch and I got along when I was a kid. Nowadays...not so much." I exhaled, shaking my head.

"Please tell me there are some...stories you can tell us?" Penelope looked at me, her eyes full of hope.

"Stories?" I questioned, confused.

"Yeah, y'know. Funny stories, embarrassing stories, horrible stories. The works." Penelope nodded.

"I can't just tell you stories about growing up with Hotch as my uncle. We're at work." I mentioned.

"Boo!" Emily rolled her eyes, seeming just as upset as Penelope.

"I'm sorry! I don't think it's smart to tell you stories about growing up with Hotch, especially when he could literally walk into this lair at any moment." I tried to explain, but I continued to get looks of sadness from Emily, Penelope and now JJ.

"C'mon, guys! Don't be upset. How about, if you ever get me drunk enough, I'll reveal some juicy stories." I offered, watching as all three of my friends nodded, huge smiles on their faces.

"Jesus, you three are obsessed with tea, aren't you?" I chuckled.

"Maybe." Penelope smiled, giggling.

Just then, the door to Penelope's lair opened, revealing Rossi, who exhaled.

"I found them, Hotch. They were having a secret witch meeting in Penelope's lair." Rossi joked.

"Begone with you, muggle!" Penelope joked back, making a Harry Potter reference.

"What are you 4 doing in here?" Hotch crossed his arms, clearly annoyed.

"Discussing girly issues." Emily tried to tell the best lie she could, although, being glared at by an elite profiler made lying difficult.

"And you thought that...girly issues...was an appropriate workplace conversation?" Hotch questioned, clearly uncomfortable.

"We came in here...to keep the conversation out of the workplace." Penelope explained. JJ and I watched on as Penelope and Emily tried to distract Hotch from the actual reason we had come into Penelope's lair.

"From now on, all issues...personal and girly must remain at home. Work is the only topic that should be discussed within the walls of the BAU." Hotch insisted.

"Alright!" Emily nodded.

"Speaking of work, get back to it." Hotch rolled his eyes before walking off, leaving the door open so JJ, Emily and I could leave Penelope alone.

We all walked back to the bullpen, Morgan and Spencer looking up at us in confusion.

"Were you witches just practicing rituals?" Morgan joked.

"Yeah, we were just completing a ritual that prevents you from sleeping with another woman for at least 3 months." Emily giggled.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Morgan rolled his eyes, a smile on his face.

"Why was Hotch just sternly talking to you?" Spencer whispered. He was clearly worried that Hotch had somehow figured us out, but luckily for me, I could calm his nerves.

"Emily, JJ and Penelope discovered my familial relationship to Hotch and wanted to know about it. Don't worry Spencer. We're in the clear." I reassured him.