12. Cool, calm & collected

CASSIDY
The moment I stepped back into the precinct, I tried to seem as cool, calm and collected as possible, although, it didn't help that Spencer and I hadn't yet figured exactly what our relationship was. We were now past the "friends with benefits" part, so what came next, neither of us knew.

GENERAL
Cool. She needed to remain cool. By the time JJ, Emily and Morgan had returned from their respective tasks, Cassidy had gone out and bought everyone coffee and some food, knowing that none of them had eaten since they left Quantico.

"Coffee anyone?" Cassidy offered as the team stood in the conference room, Hotch seemingly shocked by her sudden change in attitude.

She placed the food down on the table and watched as everyone grabbed the coffees with their respective names on it. Within the hour, two more bodies were found.

"Ecstasy isn't exactly an appetizer." Rossi spoke as the team sat in the conference room, each of them drinking the coffee at their own pace.

"You know, Kimberly Sullivan said she and her brother were drinking wine the night he died." Spencer reminded the team, looking between Cassidy and Hotch. She checked the image of the wine bottle that had been consumed.

"It's almost empty." Cassidy gasped, watching as Rossi and Spencer nodded.

"The unsub wants to increase his body count. He doesn't care who he hurts." Spencer showed the team a picture of the little bottle that was taken to the crime scene to see if the wine was tainted.

"Tell us you found something." JJ hoped as Penelope's face showed up on the screen.

"How about a sequel to "The Grapes of Wrath"? I tracked the wine bottles both Erik Sullivan and the Hatchitt family were drinking, and look out, 'cause those bottles were in cases shipped to the Edinburgh." Penelope explained, not shocked by her digging.

"Why would someone at the bar drug the wine?" Derek questioned as they all looked at the tainted liquid in the small bottle.

"Maybe it occurred at the bottling plant?" Emily asked as she looked to Penelope, who shook her head.

"There's no way to track where a specific case is going to until after it's been offloaded." Penelope exhaled.

"Yeah. And it doesn't explain the rave victims." JJ shrugged her shoulders.

"It would if we're dealing with two unsubs." Spencer brought up a solid point, a point that Rossi nodded and agreed with.

"One who alters the drug, another who doses the wine." Rossi continued Spencer's train of thought.

"But if someone at the club is spiking the wine, how is it ending up in the hands of two Manhattan parents and one underage boy in Harlem?" Cassidy questioned, confused.

"Garcia, did any of the wine victims make transactions at the Edinburgh?" Hotch asked, putting down the file in his hands.

"Nothing that's obvious. I'll keep checking. Beep, beep." Penelope smiled before the call went dead, her face disappearing from the screen.

"Okay. So...we have 5 overdose victims we can connect directly to the Edinburgh, a club that condones drug use. The answer is there." Hotch exhaled, leaning back. She could tell that he was stumped and didn't know how to proceed.

Calm. She needed to remain calm. As much as Cassidy wanted to question her dad, Hotch refused. He knew that something would go wrong if she tried to question him. The next thing she knew, Hotch threatened to take her off the case if he caught her in the interview room talking to her dad. Cassidy wanted to be involved, so her and Spencer stood in front of the glass, watching as Hotch sat across from his brother.