"I may or may not have used you as an excuse to get out of what was probably the most awkward dinner party ever" she said with a soft laugh "also I figured you'd like the company"

He offered her a nod and slight smile in return and both went back to their food this having been the first proper meal they'd had in awhile. They ate in the comfortable silence they always came back to somehow.

Once they both had finished Cassie was unsure of what to do or say so she piled the plates together on the tray about to leave the room before Daryl stopped her by gently grabbing her wrist.

"You can stay if you want" he told her causing her to let go of the tray placing it back down and sitting back down in the seat beside Daryl's bed. He saw her sat with her knees tucked up against her chest trying to get comfortable. He nodded his head towards the bed patting the space beside him motioning for her to move over beside him. She got up from where the seat was and moved round to the other side of the bed kicking off her converse.

She sat down on the other side of the bed carefully so as not to hurt Daryl. Daryl looked down at the blonde sat beside him and began to gnaw on his thumb anxious about the question he was going to ask.

"Did ya mean it" he started causing her to turn to face him "Or did you only say it cause ye thought I was gonna die"

"I meant it" she told him "I meant it all" After Cassie had said that he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding before letting his hand trail down her arm as it had before.

His hand stopped when he reached her hand stopping the twirling of her ring placing his hand on top of hers. They intertwined their fingers and Cassie felt her cheeks heat up as she noticed how her hand fit perfectly into Daryl's.

She looked up from where their hands where connected to face him again and this time she initiated the kiss pulling him down gently by the neck for his lips to meet hers. The kiss grew heated and Daryl reached for Cassie's hips pulling her closer to him causing a small squeal to leave her which made himself laugh.

His hands squeezed her hips as he began to kiss his way up her neck his stubble brushing against her skin causing a breathy chuckle from her. When Daryl reached a certain point on her neck near her ear a small moan escaped her lips. Her hands made their way up to his hair as she began to play with the hair at the nape of his neck. Cassie was sure there'd be a small mark from Daryl's assault on her neck the next morning but she didn't care she loved the feeling too much to push him away. When their lips met again Daryl let out a small groan as Cassie bit his lip slightly.

Just then a knock at the door pulled them away from each other Cassie letting out a small whine at having to pull away. She got up as Daryl readjusted himself in the bed. When she opened the door Carol was stood there with a smile on her face.

"Hi Cassie I just came to speak to Daryl" Carol told her. She turned to Daryl who nodded his head letting Cassie know she could let Carol in.

She stepped aside to let Carol in then turned to leave. "I'll give you guys a minute" she told them walking out the door.

Once she had left she gently closed the door before leaning against the wall beside it with a huge grin on her face. Her fingers trailed along the side of her neck where Daryl's lips had been and then gently on her own lips. She couldn't help the massive grin on her face or the swarms of butterflies in her stomach.

After about a minute Carol stepped out the room with a small smile. "He's all yours dear" she told her as she began to walk back through to the kitchen.

When Cassie returned to the room Daryl was on his good side faced away from the door. The small part o this back Cassie could see he seemed to have some type of scar on it but Cassie decided she wouldn't bring it up incase it was a sensitive topic. She knew if she said one thing wrong to Daryl she could severely piss him off and that was the last thing she wanted. When he heard the door close behind him Daryl slowly turned to face Cassie.

"What did Carol say?" She asked as she sat down on the bed in her original position.

"Just said I was a good man and stuff" Daryl told her shrugging his shoulders. Cassie wondered if anyone ever told him he was a good man before.

She took one of his hands in hers before saying "You are" he turned to face her at her words and Cassie could swear she saw him tear up just a little. "You are one of the greatest men I know."

After hearing it from Cassie Daryl believed they maybe he was a good man unlike his father and brother. He wanted to thank her for her words so he leaned down and pressed a slow soft kiss to her lips. He didn't know why but with Cassie he felt safe. She really was his sunshine.

The two stayed up and talked for a while just enjoying the others company. Any time Cassie would laugh or smile he felt a warmth in him that he was able to make her feel so good. He wasn't sure when it was but at some point Cassie had fallen asleep next to him. She looked so peaceful not bothered by the cruel world that lay outside the room. He carefully moved to lay down beside her wrapping an arm around her waist to pull her close to him as he slowly drifted to sleep himself.

A/N: Thank you so much for 2k reads i really appreciate it :)
Don't forget to vote and comment!!