"You can see him now Cass" he told her to which she nodded her head before stepping into the room closing the door behind her.

She turned to face Daryl and felt her face heat up at the fact he was shirtless. She didn't know what to say to him. I mean what do you say to someone who nearly died and you've been crying over? She felt confused and stood at the door twirling the ring on her finger.

"You alright?" Daryl asked her causing her to look up at him. She slowly made her way over to the bed still unsure of herself.

"Yeah are you?You look like shit no offence" she said with a small laugh even though it probably wasn't the best time to be making jokes.

"I feel like shit" he replied with a small smile that tugged the corner of his cheeks until he saw Cassie's bloodied knuckles and the smile fell. "What the hell happened" he asked reaching for her hand and gently running a thumb over her knuckles

"Oh nothing I'm fine. I can't say the same for Andrea's face though" she told him looking down at their intertwined hands.

"Cass yo-" he began but Cassie cut him off.

"No. I thought you were dead. What if that bullet hadn't grazed you and you had died." At this point Cassie was getting more and more angry with every word "you could have died Daryl. Then you know what I would do? I'd go crazy without you cause I care about you so much I-" Cassie stopped the realisation of what she had said hitting her. "I care about you" she repeated more to herself than anything. She paused for a moment thinking carefully about what she was about to ask. She looked up into those blue eyes she fell for so easily and took a deep breath. "Do you care about me?" She asked hopeful her feelings weren't about to be totally rejected.

But Daryl never said a word instead leaning forward and pressing his lips against hers. Her hands went to his neck as she pulled him closer smiling against his lips. The kiss wasn't like one Cassie had had before it was better. When they finally pulled away from each other Cassie rested her forehead in Daryl's and he leaned against hers in return.

"Can I take that as a yes?" She said with a laugh as Daryl gently brushed her arm with his fingers. He nodded his head and Cassie couldn't help the smile that yet again grew on her face. She leaned forward and quickly placed a soft kiss to his lips before standing up to leave. "I'll let you rest" she told him smiling and walking out the door.

—————-—————-—————-—————-—————-

As Cassie entered the dining room she could feel the uncomfortable atmosphere in the air. Hershel was clearly not the groups biggest fan and them all sitting round the table together was not going to end well. Cassie gathered some food onto her plate and was about to go find a quiet to place to eat her dinner when she saw Carol preparing a tray to bring to Daryl.

"I'll take that" she offered as Carol turned to face the young woman. She placed her own plate in the tray next to Daryl's with two glasses of water.

"Thank you honey" Carol said placing a gentle hand before going to join the others. Cassie gently grabbed the tray and made her way slowly to the room Daryl was in careful not to spill anything. She knocked on the door and heard a gruff 'come in'

She lightly kicked the door open then close again once she entered the room placing the tray on Daryl's bedside. He sat up with his back against the wall as Cassie handed him a plate then took her own and sat in the chair next to Daryl's bed.

Daryl looked over to where she was sat biting into a bread roll. When she looked up and their eyes met he looked away some how slightly nervous for a second.

"You need to eat" Cassie told him after seeing he hadn't touched his food. She didn't stop looking at him until she saw him take a bite of food.

"Why you sat through here with me? Wouldn't you rather be out there with all them?" He asked causing her to look up from her own plate.