13. ✭i haven't felt this way i feel✭

Modern Soundtrack: My Blood by Ellie Goulding

~

After finding the relic, we found ourselves in Feldcroft. It had been terrorized by Goblins - Ranrok's loyalists. We came up to the house, in complete and utter awe watching chaos ensue, smoke infiltrating the nearby houses, and Anne on the ground, writhing in pain. Solomon was casting spells at the goblins wreaking havoc.

Sebastian and I ran into action, throwing spells and smashing barrels at the loyalists' heads. But, suddenly, Anne was in trouble. She was about to get sliced by a loyalist's sword.

"Imperio!" Sebastian yelled out - causing the goblin to be mind-controlled. Sebastian's eyes turned a striking green color as he made the goblin slice his own stomach. It was a terrifying watch... but, regardless, he saved his sister.

We stood there in shock, Solomon becoming angrier by the second.

"This magic should not be messed with, boy!" He began to yell at Sebastian as I watched from a yard or so away.

"Uncle! I saved Anne! She would've been killed!"

"We don't use Dark Magic, even on our enemies! Don't ever come back to Feldcroft. Stay away from Anne." Sebastian's lips began to tremble - as if he were about to wail. But, he swallowed the lump in his throat. Solomon picked up Anne and escorted her back to their house.

Sebastian began to pace around in a circle, with clutched fists and a despondent frown. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his back. I wiped some blood that accumulated on his eyebrow.

I looked around the aftermath of the fight, noticing the color of blood, which is all I could see on the rocks. I felt caught in the crossfire of my own thoughts - a prisoner. What situation had I entangled myself in now?

"You saved her. Don't listen to him."

"But at what cost? I lost my only savior, my own sister... I can't blame her. I couldn't really blame anyone for giving up on me entirely..." he trailed off. I felt a twinge in my heart. Seeing him lost in these mental ruins evoked a different type of empathy inside of me.

"I would never give up on you, Sebastian. You are what makes me, me," I explained.

"Darling, I appreciate you being there for me... through everything," he sighed. I brought him into an embrace.

"Always."

____

A few days later, I was at Divination class with Natty Onai, who I had met a while back. Things had calmed down a bit. However, it was only a matter of time before things got bad again.

Sebastian and I were great, we snuck around the campus every night to try to find something new to discover about the castle. Somehow, we haven't gotten caught. But, furthermore, if I did get caught who knows the type of sentence I would get from Professor Weasley, who I had been avoiding rather profusely.

"You and Sebastian are Hogwarts' most infamous couple," Natty spoke with a gentle smile.

"That's what I hear."

"How do you keep up with it?" she asked me.

"Not entirely sure, it just feels natural, I suppose."

"My mother would never let me have a boyfriend while I'm here for my studies," she explained. "Especially someone like Sebastian Sallow."

"Why does he have such a bad reputation? Surely being notorious for getting detention can't be the sole reason," I asked.

"From other girls I've talked to, the common consensus is basically that every night he will break your heart. That boy is about to explode and everyone can see it coming."

"No, it can't be..."

____

Later that day, Sebastian and I found ourselves at the entrance for detention. Leander soon met up with us also and I shot him kneaded eyebrows.

"If it isn't my two favorite peers," he spoke, almost oblivious to the tension in the room. Sebastian stood between us.

"You're the reason we are here, Prewett. Don't be so aloof," Sebastian said with a hint of defiance.

"Oh, save it, Sallow. Detention is nothing new for you, don't throw a fit now."

"It's not about me. Cel doesn't need to be here," Sebastian retorted.

"Then, why is she here?"

"Why is anyone here?" A familiar voice interrupted and we all turned our heads to see Garreth.

"Garreth?" I asked and he smiled at me. Once he saw leering eyes on him from Sebastian though, his smile faded fast.

"I know, the first question you have for me is, why am I here? Well, the answer is quite simple, I-"

"Blew up a cauldron in Potions again?" Sebastian rudely interrupted.

"Yes," Garreth spoke quickly and in a defeated tone. "Sharp just won't get off my back."

"Welcome to detention you four. Please come in and take a seat," Professor Weasley spoke. Sebastian and I walked over to the same table to sit together, but before we could, she shot us a disproving glance. "Everybody at their own table, please." I then moved over to the table behind him.

"There are not enough tables for us to all sit alone," Leander added. Professor Weasley laughed.

"Garreth can share with Celestial, then." After she said that, I felt my eyes roll all the way to the back of my head. She is trying too hard to get us to be friends... or even lovers at this pace.

I watched very intently as Garreth shot me an innocent smirk and sat next to me. Sebastian shook his head in disbelief.

"You know, it seems as if the universe wants us to be together," Garreth whispered to me. I bit my cheek in suppressed fury - knowing I could blow up any second. "Maybe it is a sign from Merlin!"

"You're right, Garreth... maybe it is..." I muttered sarcastically.

"Detention begins now, please work on some assignments for your classes for the next five hours."