2. ✭ i feel a little less✭

Modern Soundtrack: Mr. Loverman by Ricky Montgomery☼

~

"If it isn't my new dueling partner," Sebastian spoke as I walked up to him at the bottom of the stairs of the castle. His arms were crossed in his green Slytherin robe. He was always leaning on the edge of a pillar.

I sat and thought for a moment how a Hufflepuff and Slytherin could have so much in common. There is no possible way that we keep crossing paths like this. I've never believed in destiny, but I believed in us. There had to be a reason as to why he was always around.

"Dueling partner?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. He chuckled to himself.

"Well, of course. I was glad Professor Weasley asked me to join you today. The way you beat me in that duel surely meant I needed to keep my eye on you."

"You really don't have to-"

"But, I want to," he said. He couldn't hide his excitement.

We walked simultaneously one by one outside to the courtyard. It was fresh and cold - with the distant chatter of other like-minded students scattered around. Across the way was tall green grass that flailed against each other in the frigid Autumn winds.

It felt like a dream, the way we ran through the winding dirt roads up to Hogsmeade - a bright and brilliant town full of life and love.

As the wind blew in my hair, I looked up at him.

I knew this was going to be the beginning of a budding friendship.

____

After troll attacks and mysterious goblins out for blood, I returned to the castle, sitting on my yellow Hufflepuff bed as my roommates began to snicker to themselves as they looked me up and down. There were two girls, to who I had not talked much, as the prior days passed I often didn't get to bed until morning. One girl had a short bob of black hair and made her way up to me with a bright and beaming smile.

"I'm Poppy, Poppy Sweeting," She said as I studied her light demeanor.

"Cel Lovegood," I introduced myself as the other girl in the corner cocked her head in surprise, but didn't care to introduce herself to me.

"We take it that Sebastian Sallow has shown you around Hogsmeade and the castle?" Poppy said so nonchalantly as if this were a normal topic of conversation. I took a sharp breath at the sound of his name.

"It's not like that, I don't have many friends and he was rather nice to offer a helping hand," I tried to explain, but there was no use. It was now a tangible entity. The tension between us had been like no other. The fire he lit in me was one never burned before.

"Perhaps he has taken a liking to you, most Slytherin boys are not very... what you say... cordial with us Hufflepuff girls. They see us as some fresh meat that adheres to their every word," the other girl spoke, who I had later learned was named Adelaide Oakes. I turned to look at her. "I would be careful with a boy like him, heard he's got an affinity for the Dark Arts - as seen in your class the other day."

I shook my head. "He did mention during our little escapade to Hogsmeade that he is infamous for getting detention... I wondered what that was all about, but I knew it was too much to ask. We had just met." The girls exchanged worried glances.

"All we know is to be careful around him. There are also other Slytherin girls who have had their eyes on him for years now, I wouldn't mess with the wrong crowd," Adelaide mentioned with a hint of gloom in her voice - maybe as if she were speaking from experience.

"What makes him set his sights on me?"

"I may be pulling at fluxweed seeds here, but you're different. And I'm not sure how to explain it. Much like a breath of fresh air!" Poppy exclaimed. I looked at my hands for a while without answering. I was subconsciously picking at my nails with all the thoughts racing through my head.

How could an infamous Slytherin boy like me over the others? But maybe he could see something in me, the way I could in him. A love like no other. A love destined to ruin in the way that storms wreak havoc on the surrounding woods of Hogwarts. I've never been a calm blue sea.

I've always been a storm.