8. ✭ is there anything left to say✭

Modern Soundtrack: Reflections by The Neighbourhood☼

~

It was nightfall, dusk to be exact. We three were now in Professor Weasley's office, after a long and shameful walk through the castle.

"Please, Professor, this was a one-time thing. I have a perfect track record, getting superb grades in all of my classes... I can't afford to get detention - or even lose house points," I said in clear distress.

"That is actually not quite true. You are on the edge of failing Potions class with Professor Sharp. He even mentioned how much of a bright student you are..." She spoke in a disappointed tone.

"It's not her fault, Professor, it was my idea," Sebastian attempted to dilute the harshness on me.

"This is not about you Sebastian. Celestial is a promising young witch. You mustn't hold her down."

"She is doing just fine-"

"Enough!" She yelled out and I flinched from the sudden loudness. "Now, I have just the thing. Tutoring may just be the answer. My nephew will help you."

"Who?"

"Garreth Weasley," she spoke and Sebastian let out an audible scoff. I couldn't lie, it was quite entertaining watching him squirm in his chair.

"Sebastian, are you looking for a harsher sentence?"

"Respectfully, Professor, I didn't get a sentence at all. And- it was all my doing. You instilled the mother of horrible sentences on Cel here. I was left rather untouched to be completely and utterly transparent."

"Well, considering your track record, expulsion is on the table," Professor Weasley threatened and Sebastian's eyes widened with horror.

"No sentence is a fine idea."

____

As we walked out of her office - we were escorted back to our individual dorms.

"You never gave me your answer!" Sebastian yelled out as we began to part ways.

"What answer?"

"When you will finally be mine." I rolled my eyes. I ignored it and soon found myself in my bed - a big, goofy smile plastered to my face.

____

"So, I hear I am your new tutor... but, not just that. Your improved tour guide as well," Garreth boasted as I dropped my head in my hands. Regardless of the fact that I got practically zero sleep last night, I had a thousand different thoughts racing through my mind.

First, Sebastian. Have I fallen for him? Have I succumbed to his every flirtatious syllable?

Second, Garreth. Does he believe there is something more than friendship between us?

And, lastly, have I disappointed those who believed in me the most?

I felt conflicted - pulled into three different directions- each having the potential to change the trajectory of the rest of my life.

Later in the library, the two of us were going over certain potions to brew and studying some foundations on alchemy in general - which I guess was something I never really learned.

"It must be hard for Sebastian, to see you with me," he spoke sadly.

"I don't think so - we had something going, but I'm sure it is over now."

"Is that so?" I nodded.

"Sadly but surely."

____

"There are things I want to talk about, you must accompany me and Ominis at the Scriptorium Entrance, then we will go from there."

I did not dress up nor did I put any makeup on to impress Sebastian this time. He saw me in all my glory. Considering how complicated we were now, I doubt it would ever become anything more.

"You look great, Cel," he nodded at me as I walked up to him. I flashed him a cheeky smile. But he didn't smile back - he carried a despondent demeanor.

I looked over at Ominis who stood leaning on the wall a yard or so away. He stood there aloof, smirking to himself as if he always knew something I didn't. I always felt like he led an interesting life.

"Ominis is annoyingly stubborn, you must talk to him..." Sebastian trailed off. I began to walk over to him.

"What have you and Sebastian been up to now?"

"Nothing good, ever," I chuckled, hoping to lighten the mood. "But, all I know if we need to get in there."

"If you insist..."

We walked through the troubling, eery scriptorium. There weren't much other than a few spiderwebs here in there.

Once we got in we found ourselves face to face with a door insisting we utilize the Cruciatus Curse. I agreed for Sebastian to cast it on me... and can I say... I've never felt a pain so potent as that.

I fell to the floor in agony, clutching my stomach as if I were about to deteriorate from the inside. I couldn't hear anything other than my heart pulsating through my chest.

After the pain subsided, we three began to explore the room. Finding all sorts of different knacks, we finally concluded it was time to go and we parted ways.

Once I arrived back at my dorm, it was like I could feel time fading.