7. ✭did i ever really care that much✭

Modern Soundtrack: Don't Blame Me by Taylor Swift☼

~

"Is that who I think it is?" Ominis' familiar voice echoed through the corridor as I found myself at the foot of the stairs.

"I apologize Ominis, I'm actually looking for someone," I sighed as I looked over at him.

"Sebastian, I may suggest?" I nodded.

"After I visited Anne in Feldcroft, I haven't heard from him."

"The bloke's a bit distraught... He's heard through the grapevine that you're with the Weasley now."

"I'm not with Garreth. He is merely a friend."

"Tell that to Sebastian, you met his bloody sister, Cel... that doesn't bode well," he said as he walked over to me. "I believe he was also fancying showing you some dark magic."

"How do I make it up to him? It's not like I want to hurt him, Ominis... but he cant behave like this every time I talk to someone new," I explained, ignoring the last part of what he said.

"Understandable, but quite slimy- surprised you're not a Slytherin," he chuckled to himself - a quite evil-sounding laugh.

"I'm begging Ominis, where can I find him?"

"The great hall, most likely."

____

There he was. He was sitting at the very back of the Hufflepuff table? Why was he allowed there? I noticed he kept receiving unwanted stares from fellow Hufflepuffs.

But, then I noticed. He was talking to Adelaide. Perhaps that's the reason why she has been so distant since the moment we met.

He threw his head back in a fit of laughter at what she said. The rage in me grew steadily. I bit my lip in suppressed fury. Nothing she could've said would've been that funny.

"Celestial! I never see you out here, do you ever eat?" Poppy joked behind me as I turned to face her.

"Oh, just grabbing a bite, I've got a lot of work to catch up on..."

"Does that include watching Sebastian talk to Adelaide?" She asked teasingly. I shook my head.

"What's the deal anyway? With them?"

"They had some sort of fling going on last year. He broke it off, not too sure why." I glanced over at them - finally catching his attention. I shot him a sad smirk. His eyes narrowed.

He saw me - inhibiting a feral-type of manner to him - where he subsequently pushed himself abruptly from the table, running over to me. But, it was too late. I had ran too far, deep into the winding corridors of the castle. He soon had somehow caught up to me.

"Cel..."

"Do you engage in this insipid behavior to spite me, Sebastian?" I asked with an insolent tone as I glanced over at him.

"Not exactly... I don't blame you for not reciprocating feelings for me..." he trailed off.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I tried to convince myself to hate you. To hate the way I feel about you. To blame you for all my shortcomings. To blame you for my shattered heart barely beating in my chest... But," he sighed and grabbed my hand - pulling my shaky hand to his chest - feeling his heartbeat.

"Please-" I begged, practically pleading with the damned boy. He ignited the storm in me.

"I want you as mine and only mine." Our hands intertwined - him rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand.

"What does this mean, Sebastian?"

"When you go away I still see you... In my dreams, in my nightmares, and in my waking. Now, come with me."

He pulled me over to the opposite direction in the castle - we ran around and soon it was hours past curfew to the point where I found myself in front of a familiar door. Slytherin.

We both then used disillusionment charms and snuck through the common room - but there was no partying at this time. It was as quiet as a mouse.

Once we entered the room, one roommate was gone and one was asleep. The asleep one was Ominis.

"He's a deep sleeper, not to worry, darling," Sebastian whispered so close to my ear that I felt the air travel down my neck.

"What are you expecting tonight? I haven't even agreed to be yours," I spoke coyly. He narrowed his eyes at me with an impish demeanor.

"So you are concluding that I am not yours?" He asked - soon finding his calloused tender but tough hands caressing my body. I let out a slight moan in delight and he instantly covered my mouth.

"We are going to be a good girl and not wake up Ominis, aren't we?" I nodded submissively. "Now, are you mine or not?"

"Well, it depends. Are you mine?" I asked him back in a low mutter. He laughed to himself. A sly but distinct smile.

"Woah there, you're putting me in a vulnerable position here," he teased and I looked at him with curious eyes.

"As if you haven't been here before... with Adelaide, if I may assume?"

"Pfft. Adelaide was a mere crush... I mean, absolutely nothing compared to the way I feel for you," he spoke genuinely. It was quite endearing the way he established his charm and quick wit. "The real question is, would Garreth kiss you like this?"

He pulled me gently into a sweet, kiss, one like a saccharine-like dream - his touch as captivating as an Amortentia potion. I was enchanted, truly.

"You've done this before," I spoke jokingly - hoping the rest of his walls to break. He shook his head and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Would Garreth touch you like this?" He smiled and began to trail his hand down the curves of my body. Contouring its every turn. I shook my head. But the euphoric feeling was gone as fast as it started.

"There is not a single chance in Merlin's name that you two are doing this at this very moment," Ominis muttered into his pillow - clearly in disdain. Sebastian and I froze in place - not like moving would do much - but it was more of a shock response. Was Ominis awake this whole time?

"Ominis, I didn't think we were being that loud..." Sebastian said sheepishly, but his Auburn devil eyes still locked on mine. I didn't dare move. His grip on my hands slowly tightened.

"That's what you said last time-"

"Shh!" Sebastian said instantly, hoping to conceal something.

"What is that something?" I asked.

"Something us boys do when we are a bit excited. Not explaining much more - as although I can't see, I know Sebastian here is as red as a tomato," Ominis chuckled.

"You bastard," Sebastian mumbled under his breath, and before I could say much, the dorm room door swung wide open. A silhouette made its way and slowly appeared through the door frame - taking one big step into the room as we all watched.

"A Hufflepuff and a Slytherin. Canoodling after hours, if my eyes don't deceive me... Both of you come with me," Professor Weasley said in a demanding tone - one I'd never heard from her before. "I'm quite disappointed in you, Celestial. I expected much better from you than whatever companionship you call this."